Loving the XP coolness!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Loving the XP coolness!

Justintime Guest

Loving the XP coolness!

So, mate of mine complained his delta was running too loud, i tried something other than the 7V mod, i ran it on 5V! and guess what, his XP 1700+@1600MHz (overclocked) 1.77V does not go over 46C under full load, using Arctic Silver II and a silvermountain FCPGA/XP cooler. It originally did not break 42C, i think 4C is worth all WHOLE LOT of noise reduction,its only got 1 case Fan at the back ( i knocked out the grille ) and is silent as a George Micheal concert!

For fun i tried this with a T-Bird 1400 on the same board and heatsink, it ran 50C max and hi 62C (same vcore 1.77V) at 5V and 56C at 7V.

------------------
    Jr
    Nick's site
    BINK'S HWC MEMBER PHOTO GALLERY

[This message has been edited by Justintime (edited 02-28-2002).]

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone
    What is all this talk about quiet computers. I thought you AMD'rs loved those screamin' mimi's! I knew you all would like a quiet computer if you could! You can't BS a BS'r.

If you want really quiet for a OC try my method that *I am using to get my cel-t to 1.8+GHz. I use a freon cooled H2O chiller. Only thing that makes noise really is the PSU and some what the pump. In the end though these noises are really low and not a high pitched sound that dives me mad!. One may be able to find a quieter pump but I think the main thing here is the sound the water makes going through my tubes albeit it very short!

Yeah, the XP are seriously chilled compared to the T-Birds.

Running my 1700@2000+, 1.85V. It idles at 24C and hits about 42C loaded, although I rarely see anything over 40C in Windows. This is with a Coolermaster HHC-001 and a Delta-clone running 7V, which is very, very quiet. Even with two 80mm fans stacked on a Thermoengine, my T-Bird 1.2@1.5GHz, 1.85V would hit about 50C under load. The heating effect in my room was very noticeable!

Sounds like an interesting rig you've got their ol' man. Is the pump submerged?

MuFu.

------------------
    More # please...

Bink's HWC GALLERY

[This message has been edited by Mutha Funker (edited 02-28-2002).]
    Opteron 144@2.8GHz (stock HS/fan), Asus A8N-SLI SE (passive NB), 1.5GB RAM (2:3:2:5, 2T), WD Raptor 740GD 74GB, Maxtor DM10 300GB, Asus EN7600GT SILENT@???, M-Audio Revo 7.1, Nebula DigiTV, Dell 2005FPW, Enermax 431W Active.

What are the stats on that chiller ol man? Where did you get it, how much, how cold does it run thanks man.

I need to volt mod my fan, it's absurd some kind of swiftech they gave me free with my XP because they were out of stock HSFs...

------------------
    Stupidity should be painful.
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone

Thread Information