Running the MSI K7T266 Pro2 with an ATHLON 1900+...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Running the MSI K7T266 Pro2 with an ATHLON 1900+...

Running the MSI K7T266 Pro2 with an ATHLON 1900+...

well its finally running:

lian-li w/350watt
    msi k7t266 pro2
    athlon xp 1900+ @1744 MHz
    256mb samsung pc-2100 cas2.5
    ibm 60gxp 60gb
    ati radeon 8500
    sb live 5.1
    toshiba 12x dvd
    plexwriter 16x10x40
    nec 17" flat panel

initially the bios was troublesome, other than that its stable with only one prob:

the chip is not unlocked but the fsb overclocking is a dissapointment. i am going to order some kingmax or mushkin upon suggestions from here which is what i think may be holding it back. it is fast though, but i notice just a slight latency before it takes off. i observed some people here get amazingly high fsb numbers, any tips are appreciated.

------------------
    Have you had your hack today ?

If that's a 12x multiplier, that's 145 FSB right? That's about how high I can get mine, same mobo. 150 every now and then and even boot to windows at 155... I was thinking about voltmodding, but don't know how (links appreciated).

But at any rate, 145 is pretty reasonable...

------------------
    Stupidity should be painful.
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

that's right. is there an unlocking kit for these xp's? 14x140 would give 1960MHz which would make cooling a challenge, or 13x145 is 1885 MHz... that would be reasonable. there is still some fun to be had before going 0.13 micron this summer.

------------------

Here's the only kit I've found, looks good, but I haven't tried it. The only thing is, if you don't use a kit, USE STRONG TAPE! my superglue leaked really bad and caused nothing but headaches. I also don't think my defogger repair kit is making enough connection, so I'm going to try silver conductive ink. As it stands, I've somehow changed the multiplier on my 1800+ to 11.0 and 12.0, but that's by accidentally connecting the bridges wrong...

Good luck and be patient if you're unlocking...

------------------
    Stupidity should be painful.
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

Thread Information