I think i'm going to buy an Antec SX1040B is there any complaints or problems with this case that people know of? i'll probably cut a window and possible blow hole in the top. so if anyone has done anything like this to this case let me know how it went.
Because of your thread, I just read a review on it and it looks like a great case. I don't think you need to put a blow-hole on the top of the case because it apparently has very good cooling.
Found one here for US$119.00
The SX1040 has a total of 10 drive bays including: four 5.25" external bays, two 3.5" external bays and four 3.5" internal bays. Dimensions: 20.6"(H) x 8.1"(W) x 18.6"(D). The SX1030 comes with two 80mm fans in the rear of the case, with mounts for an additional 2 fans in the front (one of which is built in as a hard drive cooler!). This case is the ultimate in cooling for overclockers and those looking for the best in reliability. With a lockable front door, easy side-panel access, tons of drive bays, and Antec's AMD/Intel approved 400W power supply, you can't go wrong! This case is identical to the SX1040, except it is black.
? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
I have the 1030B which is the same except a smaller 300w power supply. The best case I have ever owned including many I have modded. You will like it as well. As for modding it, I haven't touched mine, it's still the way it shipped to me. It cools good enough with the Sunon fans that went in it!
Be careful who you order from, some include the PS and others don't. Mine with PS was $72 plus shipping of $22. I picked it up from MicroBarn, but they are no longer accepting orders........
I like my SX630 from Antec. The only thing I have heard is the door on the fron covering the drive bays is kind of flimzy. It is also much bigger than a normal Mid Tower case. It was too big for the knook on top of my corner desk, or I would have bought the 1030. It is about 2" taller and deeper than the 630 I got.
AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro
I can concur on this case--very nice; probably the best I've ever had the pleasure of working around/in.
Drive bays pop in & out easily (unlike some other cases that are supposed to be "quick release"...) and there's a good amount of room on the inside as well. Stock cooling is also good. I like.
The only thing that stinks is (again) the door covering the drive bays--it is flimsy. My boss managed to knock mine off within ten minutes of getting the my new (at the time) PC put together at work. He tried to stick a CD in the gap between the door and the front edge of the case He couldn't figure out where the drives were. LOL...
So maybe in the hands of a more experienced user, the drive door isn't so much of an issue.
I'll second AMDNut. I also have the SX1030B, which is the exact same case as the one you mentioned, but with a 300W PSU instead of a 400W. Badass case, very good cooling even without any mods. Very well constructed as well. I dig the screwless rail system and the snap in fan sockets. It looks great too, I love how the black front panel hides all my grey/white drives Got mine from EMS Computing. Paid $77 plus $19 shipping. But now they are offer free shipping!! (Except for the price went up to $96, lol)
Did you know that 79% of WOMEN prefer MEN with MORE RAM? The other 21% of women say they prefer men with betterMEMORY.
You guys don't know your luck - I just ordered an SX1040 for my imminent dual Athlon and
(a) the infinitely niftier SX1040B isn't available in the UK, and
(b) the SX1040 is £104 + 17.5% VAT + delivery (c. $200 all in).
However, since I've been using a rather spiffing SX1030 for the past year without trouble (2 o/c'd P3-800s were running at 29 and 33 degrees respectively under load), I bit the bullet and went for it anyway.
Now all I need is for Hollywood to make a movie called "Men in Cream" and my case will be as cool as all of yours...
------------------ Intel 815E
Abit VP6 returned for warranty repair/replacement - agh!