Low profile PSU?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Low profile PSU?

Hybrid View

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)

Low profile PSU?

Are there any low profile PSU's? I'm looking for something definitely not ATX, something that's only a couple of inches tall.

Even better would be one with a side mounted fan, or one so narrow that it could be turned on it's side and not be tall...

And if it was perfectly silent, that would be great.

OK, back to reality, I know with all the odd shaped cases... slimline, book PC, flex PC, there must be some small PSU's out there.

------------------
    Only 30,000 to 40,000 genes in an Einstein, a Michael Jordan, or a Bach? Boy, can that God guy write tight code or what? - David Rudloff
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    OK, found some nifty 1U rackmount PSU's, but they're all made by Seventeam (which coincidentally is the maker of my current PSU). However, the link to Seventeam's site is down with some funky error. Are they out of business?

Anyone know of PSU's for other funky mini-computer designs? How 'bout an e-machine or something. Power is not an issue (an 8 watt C3 should be no burden), size and noise is.

I have an Enermax whisper PSU, and it is pretty damn quiet, but eventually I'll be looking to stuff all my stuff in a custom case, and it will be fairly small as cases go.

------------------
    Only 30,000 to 40,000 genes in an Einstein, a Michael Jordan, or a Bach? Boy, can that God guy write tight code or what? - David Rudloff
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

Here's a place; haven't ordered anything from them but they do list a few 1U/micro power supplies.

http://www.servercase.com/Powersupply.html

At least you've got an idea how much they're asking for. Oops; fix that url!

[This message has been edited by Artboy (edited 01-09-2002).]
    It's not me, it's you.

Thread Information