Water Chillers Help ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Water Chillers Help ?

Water Chillers Help ?

Anyone know who's got " Water Chillers " like # Roto's. I am just doing some shopping around.
    Thanks,
    John

------------------
    "Close to the edge, down by the River"
    "Nothing really maters and so what if it does"

I am the only one that sells them, that is, a Water-chiller that uses phase-Change cooling to cool down liquid (glycol/water usualy) and then pumping that through pipes to a block, (or ten), on whatever you want to hold cold. here

well ok I'm not the only one, there are actualy companies that builds similar devices for high intensity industrial LASER cooling and MEDICAL perposes, but none for PC's and not for less than $900.00 that's for sure

there are chillers that use peltiers, they are nice but expensive for the BTU's you get, and the electricity you are going to be using, will be astronomical...

then there are those that has the Evaporator on the CPU... Kyotech................. problem there, you are limited to only one CPU, and to only the CPU. The evaporator is also relatively very small, limiting the systems total heat moving capacity..... you gain by having it in one box though....

------------------
    Go ahead...... lick my BLOCK
    My page is here
    This is my website

wow... im surprised that thing won't create ice in the line. #Rotor... one suggestion... dont have the links on the site open in new windows... very annoying.

If you dont want to spend $400...

For $225 from http://www.overclock-watercool.com/chillers.html you can get a Tri-Pelt Chiller setup. This has two chiller pieces with three 80W Pelts sandwiched in the middle. This creates a second watercool system and for cooling the Pelts, and will require a 2nd pump. However, 240W of chilling on the cold side will be plenty, and only the hot side needs a radiator. Alternatively, you could use just one side (I'm sure OCWC would sell a half kit) and put heatsinks on the Pelts... if you can stand the noise.

Or you could simply use a CPU waterblock like the DangerDen.com MAZE2, sandwich the Pelt and add a heatsink like the Swiftech MCX462 (both use mobo mounting holes, not sockets so the attaching them will be easy with some bolts) and you have an instant chiller. add some neoprene and a 172W Pelt (both available at dangerden.com) and you have an instant chiller for under $100

good luck!

reeftank what cpu do you have? i dont understand why a simple fan wont suffice as i get a cool 35 degrees with my YS tech fan on a amd athlon 1.2.

------------------
    amd athlon 900,
    256mb ram,
    GeForce2mx
    amd athlon 900,
    256mb ram,
    GeForce2mx

I am going to get the maze2 and the Drift .8 and #roto's large chiller and when he completes it, the power controler for the Drift .8 so I can go sub 0'C and run O/C @ a much lower voltage and just have fun. If you are getting 35'C juat air cooled on a 1.2 gig T-Bird either your temps are lieing or your room and case temp is colder then all hell. It is physically impossable to go below room temp with just air cooling. Thanks for all the help!!
    John

------------------
    "Close to the edge, down by the River"
    "Nothing really maters and so what if it does"

IronHelix, welcome

ice in the pipes, most definitely, it will freeze up solid, if one does not use a rather strong mix of Glycol, in the water, at least 60%, for max performance.

man.... that 24volt variable tec driver is a bit on hold now, I don't have R&D money to play with, but it's very close to completion...

------------------
    My page is here
    This is my website

Thread Information