FAN ON TOP OF CASE..
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: FAN ON TOP OF CASE..

FAN ON TOP OF CASE..

ok anywayz i went to 3dcool.com and they said if you put the fan on top of case. it disrupts air flow.. i dont know how it does it seems fine to me.. and it is nice.. but.. 3dcool says having a fan on top of the case is bs.. so i wanna see what you guys say.. cuz imma take it out if its not good.. i also bought a water cooling system that comes with a top fan for the top.. right.. and it says to put it up there.. but if that says one thing and 3dcool says another i dont know what to do so help me out ..

Hmm...I could see how it might if in your case the PSU was very close to the fan in the top, it might disrupt some of the airflow through the PSU, which in turn may result in the PSU running a little hot.

Other than that, I can't think how that would be detrimental, since hot air does rise, and would at least in theory would draw the heat out of the case faster.

Bart

------------------
    Abit BE6-II
    700MHz Pentium III@933Mhz
    256MB Mushkin PC133
    nVidia GeForce2 GTS 32MB
    WD Ultra2 10k rpm 9.1GB
    Generic 52x CD-ROM
    Tekram DC-390U2W SCSI
    Yamaha CRW8424S CD-RW SCSI-2
    Shuttle AK31v3.1 AMD XP1700+ 256MB Samsung PC2100 DDR nVidia GeForce2 GTS 32MB
    Maxtor 40GB D740X 7200RPM ATA-133 Generic 52x CD-ROM Tekram DC-390U2W SCSI Yamaha CRW8424S CD-RW SCSI-2

Often with a full tower case, a fan on top or above the PSU will direct the airflow around the hot areas of the motherboard. Using a fan under the PSU and a dual fan PSU to extract the heat and keep the airflow over the motherboard is usually a better option.

------------------
    Knowledge is useless, itís what you do with it that counts.
    Knowledge is useless, itís what you do with it that counts.

Thread Information