Lian Li or Coolermaster Al case?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Lian Li or Coolermaster Al case?

Lian Li or Coolermaster Al case?

No rush on this on this, but I'm looking to build a new rig when the Abit KG7 comes out and want a sweet csae to put it in. These two brands have got most of the press as far as aluminium cases go but I was wondering if any of you guys had experience with them and could recommend which one to go for, a Lian Li PC60/68 or Coolermaster ATCS-200? Or is there something else I'm missing out there?

Price is pretty much the same so it just comes down to which case you'd prefer to live with (looks aside!). Any input will be gratefully taken onboard .

Bennyboy.
    If you've got your money for nothing, who cares if the chicks are free!

I don't know jack about the Coolermaster, but I love my PC-60. Really, there's nothing more I could have asked for.

Note: you will be flamed for buying an "overpriced tin-can", but just remember that means they envy your aluminum might!

------------------
    Lian-Li PC60 w/Enermax 350W
    T-Bird 1.33Ghz w/Molex Radial Fin HSF
    Asus A7M266
    384Mb Crucial PC2100
    Seagate Cheetah X15
    Adaptec ASC-19160
    Plexwriter 16/10/40
    Toshiba 16x DVD
    Teac Floppy
    Gainward GeForce3
    Hercules Game Theater XP
    Ati TV Wonder
    3Com 3CR990-TX-97 NIC
    Syncmaster 900NF
    T-Bird 1330@1520 (9.5x160) PAL8045 w/46CFM Delta Shuttle AK31 Rev3.1 384MB Crucial PC2100
    Lian-Li PC60 w/Enermax 350W Seagate Cheetah X15
    Gainward GeForce3 Game Theater XP Syncmaster 900NF

Overpriced, maybe, but tin it ain't . THanks for the headsup cyberstat, yeah, I may take some flak, but hell, by the time I buy it I should have a job, and if I can't celebrate by getting a sweet case to treat myself then I don't care. Compared to the money I'll be putting towards a motor, it's just icing on the cake .

And if I am getting a good-looking case, I'm gonna need something that won't be damaged by everyone's drool, aluminium is way to go!

I also just got a new rig and I love my PC60. No tools, built in fans, and that handy mobo slide-tray are awesome. Plus it looks sweet. I say go for it dude and just ignore the people that think their Antec cases are the best. I looked at those also and I think this is the way to go. I have heard about a new PC60 with USB in the front which you might want to look into if you need quick access to your USB and sound card ports.

------------------
    8K7A
    TB 1.33@1.4+SK6(Delta7k)
    256M Corsair PC2400
    Leadtek GeForce3
    SBLive! PCI 5.1
    Sony 16x/50x DVD
    Sony 12x/8x/40x CDRW
    Lian-Li PC60+340w P.S.
    Altec Lansing ACS48
    CTX PL9 19" monitor
    If pro is the opposite of con, what's the opposite of progress?

Hey everyone,

I'm curious about that PC60 case. I've heard great things about this case but want to know what type and size power supply do they come with AND how much will this case set me back? Thanks!!

411sponge, you can get it here for $180 shipped withuot a PS, I don't think may places (if anywhere) sell this sort of high-end case with a PSU, normally people prefer to choose their own, and you will have to too. I don't know how good this price is, but it seemed good enough to me.

[This message has been edited by Bennyboy (edited 08-13-2001).]

Wow! I can't believe that this is the price without a power supply. But, I must admit, that is one sweet looking case!! I'm actually thinking about purchasing it but I just hope this case will last me at least three more upgrades in the future! Thanks for the site Bennyboy!

brushed aluminuim..... ahhhhhhhhhh!

fingerprint hell

i would love one of those - nice 550w enermax psu, some big ol' fans in it and then just sit there and drool....

------------------
    'i suppose it is technically possible...
    but then i am already in my pyjamas'
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout

Thread Information