New spiral water blcok design
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: New spiral water blcok design

New spiral water blcok design

Hey im new to this forum, I just wanted to let everyone know about the new waterblock I made.

I dont know if you can post pics on this forum, but here is my page. Go check them out and email me what you think.
    www.borderbuyer.com/fixittt

------------------
    Overclocking@Its WeTTest
    www.borderbuyer.com/fixittt for the SPIRAL
    Overclocking@Its WeTTest

Your water block design looks cool, but as for a heatsink...your going for surface arear matey thats why the mojority of H/S's have fins... good work though all the same

my 2p
    mojo

to address your comment. This block has surface area LOTS of it. Look at the SIZE fo those channels, and the depth. All giving you surface area right where you need it.

The aluminum blocks preform very well. Almost to maze2 preformance. Reviews will be coming in the near future.

------------------
    Overclocking@Its WeTTest
    Overclocking@Its WeTTest

They do look very nice, I wish I had access to CNC equipment

I'm in the process or water-cooling my whole PC in the name of silence mainly, (zero fans). Currently working on the graphics card and made this Ram waterblock with fairly basic equipment.

I'm using an water tank buried in the ground to give sub 10C water temp all year round. what you say about surface area counts up to a point but Ideally you would want to run the CPU immersed in water for best cooling. This of course you can't do but with this in mind the thinner the copper surface that is separating the water from the CPU the better.

I partly proved this to myself recently with a mod to my CPU waterblock.

Here is the block with the lid removed showing how well the water channels are CnC'd. Superb, but not perfect.
    If you can see the two lines near the base that look like joins they are just marks I have scribed showing
    the thickness of the copper base part, (the block is one solid Copper piece).

I have two of these blocks and the one I'm now using I machined the base down to 1.8mm thick,
    (was about 4.5mm thick). This mod gave me a 4C max temp drop overall. I'm going to try to get 1mm with the one in the Pic.

I also like your big block, very similar looking to the design I'm thinking of for my HDD waterblocks

LOL Bladerunner, you're cooling ever chip in your case.

BTW, do you experience any condensation with Sub 10C water?

------------------
    AMD Duron 800@1000 (133MHz FSB)
    Abit KT7a RAID
    DiamondMax Plus 60 - 40Gb
    Elsa GeForce2MX 32Mb SDR
    ------------------
    [This message has been edited by TheThoughtPolice (edited 10-04-1984).]
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone
    I am assuming your input is in the center of your spiral? If it is I must say good job! You were not here when I made my cheesburger water block back in December. It essentialially looked like a cheeseburger with one 5/8" inlet and four 1/4" oulets. The center 5/8 inch outlet was right above the core and the four outlets made a perfect cross to the center inlet. It is made of copper and is only 1 mm thick at the core center. It was bladerunner that first used a thin waterblock and noticed improvements but it was me that first sugested it way back in November with my design and every one laughed. I still have yet to try my design but it is similar to yours, only difference is that mine is round and the distance from the core inlet to each outlet is the same distance. I am attempting to get rid of the warmed water ASAP by providing 4 outlets instead of one spaced equidistant from the core inlet. Maybe some of you older members remember. Geocities erased all my pics those a$$holes.

Originally posted by Fixittt:
    to address your comment. This block has surface area LOTS of it.
    Sorry for doubting it..it just doesn't look as if it has as much as a finned sink...I'd be very interested to see how well it performed though on comparison to a few other finned sinks..

Cheers,
    mojo

well first off, its not a heatsink, Its a waterblock. In a heatsink you have the air doing the removal of heat. Where as in a waterblock, its the liquid that removes the heat. This block has got ALOT of surface area. Not to mention The direct CPU die cooling from the center inlet . The water passages promote higher flowrates with only 2 90 degree bends for the water to have to deal with.

I really think this block is going to be a great preformer. And I just love making something that the comunity (overclockers/water colers) seems to like. I have gotten alot of posative responces from this design.

Robert

------------------
    Overclocking@Its WeTTest
    Overclocking@Its WeTTest

Thread Information