w0w, i might be able to hit 1 gig, just need help
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: w0w, i might be able to hit 1 gig, just need help

w0w, i might be able to hit 1 gig, just need help

hey guys, i have a athlon 700(i think, i can't even remember what it is now hehe)... i have had it for almost 7-8months now. i have been using a 250watt power supply(and it has been overclocked to 800... couldn't post at anything higher if i remember right computer wouldn't even turn on.) , but few dayz ago i bought a case for 28 bucks that had a 300 watt, and i was like let me replace the power supplies and see if i can overclock it to higher mhz... well after i plugged the new powersupply and stuff, i got up to 850 in win2k, then i did some more playing with my bios(btw i got abit kt7a)... i posted at 94?mhz, then i tried to raise it a little bit and the motherboard went fubared(it reset the bios and ****)... but at that speed i couldn't make it past the win2k load up screen i would get locked up... after doing alot of reseting to the bios and some other things i am back up at 850mhz and running just fine... and the cpu temp is not even that high... cpu voltage is about 1.80..
    what do i need to do to increase my cpu mhz and maybe by praying to hit 1 gig... also what new fan do i need to get ? last time i check which was 8 months ago the something-38 was the **** whats the good stuff now dayz?

------------------
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by arbntmare (edited 07-04-2001).]
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Well, now that you've presumably addressed your power needs, perhaps a new heatsink is in order.

Global win makes a nice copper heatsink that will very likely allow you some more overclocking - here's a mini shootout giving some comparisons with several different hs units.

------------------
    Scott
    dfilANPARTY ut 250gb a64 3200 @ 2.52 (280 ht x 9) 2 X 512 g.sKILL PC4000 gIGABYTE 6800 gt
    Antec 430 truepower 2 Maxtor ATA133 8 MB cache Acer 52X Lite-On 1633s DVD-RW TB Santa Cruz - FPS surround LS120 O/B NIC Antec 1080 case

Thread Information