Temperature query
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Temperature query

Temperature query

The temp on my asus A7V133 and 1GHz cpu in bios shows 46*C in idle and 48*C loaded whilst asus probe is ten degrees C higher. I am hoping that the bios is more accurate. Is this right?
    Also is there a reason for only two degrees difference between idle and load? Reading some of the posts indicate that a much greater difference is possible.

Originally posted by Apple8:
    The temp on my asus A7V133 and 1GHz cpu in bios shows 46*C in idle and 48*C loaded whilst asus probe is ten degrees C higher. I am hoping that the bios is more accurate. Is this right?
    Also is there a reason for only two degrees difference between idle and load? Reading some of the posts indicate that a much greater difference is possible.
    Asus Probe reads high. You can download MoboMonitor 5.X here for free. It should match your bios readings http://www.tweakfiles.com/diagnostic...rdmonitor.html

------------------
    KJY9's rigs:
    KJY9's rigs:
    KJY9's rigs:
    KJY9's rigs:

Thanks KJY9, MBM5 now matches BIOS.
    Can anyone throw any light on my second query?

As to your second question, I'm wondering how is it you are finding out CPU temp at both IDLE and LOAD considering you are reading a BIOS temp? The BIOS temp (once stabilized) is usually indicative of LOAD temps.

If you are reading only a 2C difference you are either reading the wrong sensor or there's another problem somewhere. Idle temps for a stock 1GHz should be about 30C and load temps should be about 42C with a consistant 26C room temp.

------------------
    -=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.

Proud Member of the OCN Hellspawns Genome Fleet
    TeamID: 567443298
    OCN Genome FAQ | OCN Genome Stats
    -=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.

Proud Member of the OCN Hellspawns Genome Fleet
    TeamID: 567443298
    OCN Genome FAQ | OCN Genome Stats

Just curious, how did you read the load temp in bios? Or to be more specific, how did you get into bios after windows is loaded?

I have the same setup you mentioned and i've dled MBM. The readouts between the asus probe and the MBM is the same for me. But MBM seems to be recommended highly, so.....

------------------
    ASUS A7V133
    T-Bird 1GHz @ 1470 w/ FOP32-1
    2 IBM 20G Deskstar in RAID 0
    Toshiba 16X DVD
    Crucial 256mb+128mb PC133 CAS3
    Creative Annihilator 2 Ultra
    Creative SB Live! platinum 5.1
    Iwill KK266-R
    T-Bird 1GHz w/ FOP32-1
    2 IBM 20G Deskstar in RAID 0
    Toshiba 16X DVD
    Tonicom PC166 256+128
    Creative Annihilator 2 Ultra
    Creative SB Live! platinum 5.1

After running at load in windows I did a restart and went straight into bios and brought up temperature and watched the drop in temperature. a bit rough I know but it was the best I could think of at the time.

Now that I have MBM it seems to confirm and I can stay in windows but I still get the same results 48*C loaded and 45*C unloaded. Room temps around 21/22*C

I don't think that MB bios is allowing true idle and if there is a reason. I did try a registry 52 edit without saving and saw 10*C drop in idle temps but was unsure about any other effects. I not very smart about some of these things

Athlons do not idle the best without being in sleep mode. You can get a cooling program called CPUCool that has a cooling trick to drop your idle temps. It dropped my idle temps 9'C. It also monitors the temps, but is not as refined as MBM 5.0.

------------------
    The COMPUTER is your FRIEND!
    Happiness is manditory.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thread Information