damn it.. helllSomeone call a technician p were losing her...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: damn it.. helllSomeone call a technician p were losing her...

damn it.. helllSomeone call a technician p were losing her...

Not really the o/c department but I thought you guys might like to here me story...

Mum n pops's mates brought a PC up for us to checkover...apparantly when he moved the pc to another (recently converted from a garage) room and plugged it in it went ..wait for it...

BANG

so I had a quick look and on first inspectio it seemed to just be the board...tonight I have an indepth look and its taken out the following...

MOBO
    HD (20 GIG)
    Internal panasonic zip 100
    cd-rom
    floppy..

Thats some carnage.

Can anyone top it...

R.I.P.

Cheers,
    Steve

I topped that last month. My power supply failed and it looks like 220Volts went through the entire comuter breaking the following parts:

2 Seagate Cheetah 9.1 GB
    Plextor UltraPlex 40Mx
    Plextor UltraPlex 12/4/32
    Abit BE6-II
    Apacer 256 MB PC133 RAM
    Adaptec 2940UW Pro SCSI Card
    Asus AGP-V7700 GTS
    SBLive

And I'm sure a few other things that I haven't figured out yet. That's why I'm slowly building a new system. You know what's worse... a friend of mine just ask me to build him a computer similar to mine. Seeing all those pbrand new parts working well again hurts so much especially now that I don't have the money to duplicate it.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Wooowww sorry to hear mate..thats nasty

If its any consilation add a 56ker to me list..

Its only money...(but isn't money so hard to come by)

and may I add DOH!

Sorry,
    Steve

Not to worry, I already have the following in my closet for the new computer:

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
    1024 MB KingMax TinyBGA PC150
    2 IBM 41.17GB 60GXP's

My monitor, speakers, 1 CD-ROM Drive, SCSI Card, Keyboard and Mouse didn't blow so I'm lucky
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Had a friend loose everything to a lightening strick to his underground sprinkling system (even the monitor). He had a warrenty on his power supply that covered the deductable on his home owners. He went from a P2 300 with 32MB SDRAM and a 17" monitor and was able to upgrade to a PIII 550 with 128MB SDRAM, TNT2 ultra, and 19" monitor from Gateway. Of corse that was 2 years ago and the fan on the CPU is screaming but he refuses to take the time to fix it. If any of you know much about the older PIII with 512K L2 cache (Slot1). They were still at .25 micron and topped out at about 600mhz. They ran very hot. His wife uses the computer for work, but they still don't fix it. I could here it 2 rooms away when I went to his house 3 months ago. Oh well.

------------------
    The COMPUTER is your FRIEND!
    Happiness is manditory.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thread Information