Finally, back on water again!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Finally, back on water again!!!

Hybrid View

Finally, back on water again!!!

Well, now it's somewhat finished... still on a project stage but running stability tests (and testing the insulation ) at this moment.
    Soon it's time to do some major OC'ing...

The setup:
    Asus CUSL-2
    P3 750@FSB133
    256 RAM PC-166 CAS2
    Geforce 256 32Mb Deluxe
    40Gb IBM
    SB Live! Value
    Realtek RTL8139 NIC

Waterblock S370 a la #Rotor, some pump from a place i can't remember and radiator from Tweety and ofcourse a ICE71 tec.
    Temps running idle is 0C, when running "distributed.net" the temp stays nice at 13C and watertemp at 32C
    Damn, i love to be back on watercooling again, once there you're hooked... the little pump makes that soothing humm-sound, radiator fan running smoothly on 7V... Mmmm... you gotta love it...

------------------
    Honey, i'm so SORRY for spending that cash on my watercooling rig... so sorry... Ouch!!
    ugh!

I wish I had the guts...and the money to go water cooling. O degrees idle would be nice.

------------------
    AMD Tbird (AXIA) 1Ghz @ 1Ghz w/ OCZ gladiator
    Asus A7V
    384megs crucial cas2
    Leadtek 32meg Geforce2 GTS Pro (225/420)
    Soundblaster Live Value
    Western Digital 20gig 7200rpm (UDMA 100)
    Nec 40x cdrom
    Sony 12x8x32 CD-RW
    17" KDS Avitron flat screan (1024x768 @ 85hz)
    2500+ Barton @ 2.2ghz (200x11)
    Abit NF7-S rev2.0
    Alpha 8045
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    2x 512mb Corsair XMS pc3200
    2x 120gb WD-SE HDDs
    Enermax 431w Whipser
    Lian Li pc61-usb

Go for it... watercooling has become pretty safe, many has experience and you'll have great support from here and other sites...
    HWC got me going with this project on my previous mobos and i think i've had like 3 different mobos and all had a watercooling setup..
    The previous mobos was slot1, but this CUSL2 has a S370 directly on mobo which makes it maybe a little harder... hehe, but i made this setup in maybe 2 hours..

------------------
    Honey, i'm so SORRY for spending that cash on my watercooling rig... so sorry... Ouch!!
    ugh!

I agree as to the water cooling being a viable option, I personally am on Air .... don't drop dead yet, I am waiting for my swiftech water cooler too arrive, for Slot1, I always went water, but with the P4, I havn't yet, but heck, 1.66v and 29c on Air, @ 1770... aint too bad.

------------------
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!

I am building one myself. I can get a free fridge for the water. I ordered blocks of cupper, so I'll make them myself. special hose for les dan half a dollar/meter. A pump for aquariums is gonna cost about 15 dollar or less. Guess thats nice huh? Why buy that expensive stuff......

------------------
    Half-Life Counter-Strike rulez the world !!!
    Overclocking is like a game, try it some more and you'll get better results.....

Hey, be careful with a fridge. A watercooling loop puts out a constant amount of heat, and usually fridges can't get rid of all of it and will break. Remember, the inside of a normal fridge doesn't have any heat producing items. The refrigeration is to replace the cold that escaped... they usually can't handle a constant input of heat.

------------------
    It said "requires Windows 95 or better," so I installed Linux.

Casedge modding:
    http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~tw
    It said "requires Windows 95 or better," so I installed Linux.

You could always set up an aquarium chiller and put it in the loop instead of a radiator. This would keep your temps at say 70F constantly. However their quite expensive. Also another cool new product in the latest petwarehouse catalogue. They had a waterproof tec shaped like a cylinder, you screwed it into a hole in the tank (or in this case you rez) and it dropped the temps of a 100 gallon tank 8 degrees Celcius. It had it's own heatsink and everything, quite nice.

------------------
    AMD Tbird (AXIA) 1Ghz @ 1Ghz w/ OCZ gladiator
    Asus A7V
    384megs crucial cas2
    Leadtek 32meg Geforce2 GTS Pro (225/420)
    Soundblaster Live Value
    Western Digital 20gig 7200rpm (UDMA 100)
    Nec 40x cdrom
    Sony 12x8x32 CD-RW
    17" KDS Avitron flat screan (1024x768 @ 85hz)
    2500+ Barton @ 2.2ghz (200x11)
    Abit NF7-S rev2.0
    Alpha 8045
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    2x 512mb Corsair XMS pc3200
    2x 120gb WD-SE HDDs
    Enermax 431w Whipser
    Lian Li pc61-usb

Great stuff MBeach, now we're just waiting for the pictures to arrive

I've had a minor setback in my dual-pelt@socket plans. I suddenly realized my design was incredibly inefficient, so I've scrapped it for a while. Been thinking of lots of ways to use my Vapo compressor though. I might end up with something along the lines of a baby-CC

------------------
    Carpe noctem!
    Carpe noctem!

Thx D|sElMiNk, well, dunno if i want show any pics of my setup as it looks today... but what the heck, it's still a project.
    Damn good waterblock from #Rotor thou...

What was the plans really?? All i heard was that you supposed to use Duckmans waterblock, but how?

------------------
    ugh!

The plans involved a lot of bolts, I can send you my CAD sketches if you want to see them, but there's very little point seeing as the design is useless as it is.

That's the bad gnu's, now for the good gnu's. Microplex.no has started stocking up on Leufken 40x40mm 156W pelts My original plans were slightly hampered by the fact that TEdist don't have any 156W tecs smaller than 48x48mm, so I'll get back to the drawing board to see what I can come up with. It would be too bad to drop my peltier plans when I've got the psu half-done already.

------------------
    Carpe noctem!
    Carpe noctem!

Thread Information