Is AMD stopping production of Slot A's?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Is AMD stopping production of Slot A's?

Is AMD stopping production of Slot A's?

Will the 1Ghz Athlon Classic be the highest speed left for the Slot A Mobo's?

Wafers for the Athlon Classic (K-75) processors haven't been manufactured since the end of April according to the May Industry Update over at Real World Technologies http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cf...WT050700000000 .

All inventory left is currently in distribution channels and when it's gone, that's it. Get 'em while there available. AMD only manufactured a small number of Slot A T-Birds just so they could say they didn't orphan their 750 chipset motherboards.
    1.Old Antec Case, Asus PC-DL, 2 x 1.6 LV D1 Xeons @ 3 GHz, 2GB Corsair PC3200 @ 200 MHz, Chaintech 6800 128MB AGP

2. Old Crap Beige Case, Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H, Core i3 530, 4GB CL8 OCZ DDR3-1600, eVGA GTX465

3. Asus Pundit mATX Case, MSI AMD Zacate E350/dual core E350IS-E45 mini-ITX, 4GB CL9 Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1333, LG Blu Ray/HD DVD & DVD Burner

AMD did produce some Slot A T-birds but they where one intended for some OEM manufacturers who complained that they had sh*tloads of slot A boards which were going to become useless. If you are lucky you might be able to get one.

Some slotA boards will take slot athlons up to a gig but some don't (I know the Epox KX board doesn't)

Justintime Guest
    i towed away my slot A 950 a while back, soon as the t-bird came out
    I know there are alot of slot A boards while chips are limited, i kinda wished i did'nt do away with my 950, kinda nice piece of history if you ask me

------------------
    Jr

Considering that AMD milked the Socket7 for about 4 years they sure did go through the 750 pretty quick!!! Less than a year. Actuall about 9 Months. WOW.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Weird necropost but i actually bought a 950 Slot A last week all of 6 quid for a display i'm making of cpus
    R.I.P Rangeral, To one of HWC's best moderators and a great guy

By the way, what does BTW stand for?

It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

What o/s are you running on that?
    Gilles Lussier

HWC Folding@Home Team

Thread Information