A7M266 voltage question
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: A7M266 voltage question

A7M266 voltage question

Finally decided to look into oc`ing my Athlon 1.2. As a test decided to go into bios and change xternal clock 1mhz at a time and run 3d mark to check stability. (I`ll try the pencil thing later) I couldnt get up to 1224-136 before it would dump back to windows on the second run. What other settings should i look at changing. Just want to make sure i have all bases covered. Also is it poss to change voltage within bios?
    Curiosity killed the cat, it may just kill my cpu. (Hey its my first comp dont want to cook it yet.)

------------------
    To Be Old and Wise.. You Must First Be Young and Stupid
    Athlon 1.4
    Asus A7V266E
    512 DDR pc2100
    Radeon 8500
    SBLive 5.1plat

If you got the guts, you can do what i did and solder the missing dipswitch set up in the top corner of the board (DSFID if i remeber properly) just go to an electronic components store and get the part and solder it in there but make sure you line up the off position of the first switch with the little square in the outline on the mobo and follow the dipsitch directions already printed on the board for that myster dipswitch
    if you do that and cross the L1 bridges on the proc with a pencil youcan overclock using the clock multiplier which tends to be more stable (my AXIA batch athlon 1.2/266 is oced to 1533 with a 266MHZ bus and a 11.5 multiplier) it also helps to up the voltage to 1.8 volts using the jumpers on the mobo there are instructions in the manual but i dont think you can do that frim the bios
    oh ?BTW make sure you ahve a good heatsink like a thermoengine or swiftech or even a peltier or water-cooled system

Funkycheeze

Goin to buy a pencil. Thanks for the reply. Just curious, is there a mobo that will let you adjust voltage from the bios? My roommate needs a comp, maybe I`ll sell him my mobo.

------------------
    Athlon 1.4
    Asus A7V266E
    512 DDR pc2100
    Radeon 8500
    SBLive 5.1plat

Thread Information