Max output of 3-pin power connectors
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Max output of 3-pin power connectors

Max output of 3-pin power connectors

What's the maximum typical allowable current draw from the 12v 3-pin fan headers on the motherboard, both individually, and for the whole lot of them?

------------------
    Jeff7 of the boards only, not Jeff7 of eBay or other auction sites. Accept no imitations.

most older ones (over 1 year) should not be ran past 2-3w. Most newer ones can usually take 4-5w (or possibly more). I would not hook up a 120mm case fan to a 3 pin header, but a Delta 38 is fine or most 80mm or even some low noise 92mm fans will stay around 3w.

------------------
    The COMPUTER is your FRIEND!
    Happiness is manditory.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Darn; have a 120mm that draws 5.64W. It also has a tachometer which I would have liked to use, and I can't really afford to get one of those stand-alone system monitoring add-ins. Oh well; thanks anyway.

------------------
    Jeff7 of the boards only, not Jeff7 of eBay or other auction sites. Accept no imitations.

Thread Information