Where can I GET THE SILVERADO HEATSINK???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Where can I GET THE SILVERADO HEATSINK???

Where can I GET THE SILVERADO HEATSINK???

Just wondering where I could get my hands on one of those silverado's. Also do you know if it would fit on my abit be6-II with the ABIT III slocket???

------------------
    What are you standing there for??? Overclock that ****!!!!!!

Are there any other sites??? Becasue with this site you have to pay with deutche marks and the site is also in german

------------------

Make your own out of your fav. heatsink (i.e. Alpha or GW) and 2x Nidec blowers to it. That's all there is.

------------------
    -=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.

Proud Member of the OCN Hellspawns Genome Fleet
    TeamID: 567443298
    OCN Genome FAQ | OCN Genome Stats

If there is anywhere else to buy it from, it's news to me... Also, (I could be wrong) but I believe if you order with a credit card it doesn't matter that it's in Deutsche Marks. I ordered some audio equipment from a store in the UK (hence British Pounds) and had no problems.

As for the "being in German" thing, read my post from yesterday : http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/014078.html

If you have other questions why not send them an e-mail? They have been extremely busy lately with a huge increase in orders, so it might take a while to get a reply, but hey...

Sorry, don't know about the fitting on the mobo/slocket issue.

S_Klass, that's the gist of it, but not NECESSARILY all there is to it... Individual heatsink materials/design have a lot to do with its cooling ability. If anybody has built their own, I'd be interested to see how it performs. Btw, I'm not trying to imply that it wouldn't work, or even work well. But aiflow patterns, materials, etc, can make a big difference.

[This message has been edited by schism (edited 03-08-2001).]

Oh I'm sure you have a point there. Are they claiming the heatsink is made of silver?

------------------

Just did a little more digging and came up with this:

Material
    Radiator box from 75 gram pure aluminium
    Temperature drop surface from 50 gram pure silver

Which I'm pretty sure means that the actual heatsink part is aluminum and the little circular part that is in contact with the CPU die is pure silver. Which would probably be why its 139,00 DM (for those not already familiar with European # systems, many countries use a , instead of a . so if you're using a currency converter don't forget that =) Anyway, 139 DM is about $67 US.

One more note... that thing is tall!! 113 mm is close to 4.5 inches...

Babelfish translated link to Silverado information: http://babel.altavista.com/translate.dyn?lp=de_en&doit=done& url=http://www.noisecontrol.de/info/silverado/info.htm
    Buttons at top translated are (left to right) "Description", "Gallery", "Technical Specifications", and "Order"

[This message has been edited by schism (edited 03-08-2001).]

That has to be the most INSANE looking FHS I have ever seen. It looks like they strapped a turbine to the top of it. But, from what the tests have shown, it looks to be great.

Just a thought, couldn't you get the same results as the Silverado by using a good FHS (like the Global Win or Alpha) with Arctic Silver? Isn't it the same principle, using silver on the contact area?
    Antec p160 w/ Panaflow Ultra Quiet 120mm fan
    AMD 64 3200+
    1 GB Crucial 3200 CAS3
    MSI K8N Neo Platinum
    ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 128
    160 GB Maxtor, 7200 RPM, 8 MB cache
    Plextor 708A DVD-RW
    Iiyama 514 Vision Master Pro

it's the only site that has them and they arent in production yet.. i'm sure Azzo will be the first to get them in anyways here in the US.. and it only has a Silver heat plate the rest is still a aluminum alloy...

I know silver is supposed to be the best conductor of electricity (under normal conditions) and copper a close contenderbehind it. Copper is typically chosen over silver because of cost reasons. Does that translate into improved thermal transfer properities also?

------------------

afxdub, you could probably get similar results from doing that (all HSFs are alreay similar to start out with), but not quite the same results.

First, don't forget that when many people test HSFs they already use Arctic silver... But think about it: the CPU die is the only part that touches the Arctic Silver/Heatsink. In other words, there is not a whole lot of silver between the HS and cpu. But, the Silverado has a pertty sizable chunk of silver that fits up inside the heatsink, and should be able to distribute the heat to the aluminum much more efficiently. It has MUCH greater contact with the rest of the heatsink than just the cpu would.

What I'm wondering is since the silver piece seems to come out, would it be even more efficient at the heat transfer if a thin layer of Arctic Silver was applied between the silver and aluminum (to get rid of any possible air gaps) ?

I believe it does, S_Klass

Thread Information