Won't Wake
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Won't Wake

Hybrid View

Won't Wake

Hi, I have a problem with my puter, after a few hours of idle it goes into suspend. Problem is that I have all power management off, in win98 and in bios. I have it networked so it is a pain if I want to access it I have to go downstairs and reboot because it won't wake with mouse or keyboard. It seems to go in sleep mode and not able to Wake I have to reboot to get it running. My setup is:

Cusl2-c/566@850@1.8v/g.orb/128pc133micron/40gig.wdata100/s.b.live/matroxG200(Iknow need a new onelol)/cas 3.2.2.

I don't understand why it is even goin to suspend mode I have no power management enabled at all I just manually shut monitor off and leave it run because of the network. If anyone has any ideas please post I appreciate your time thanks.

p.s. maybe I should run cpu at regular speed for awhile and see if it is the overclocking that is doing it. But I would like to leave at that speed,its stable and I can't see it being the prob. thx

Well I put the cpu back to 566 normal speed and the problem is gone. Can anyone tell me why it would not wake if it was overclocked. Ne ideas are welcomed and appreciated thanks. Hopsing

I also have a cusl2-c, and a 700@1064, and it wont wake, so i just set it to where it wont suspend or anything.

Check in the bios under power management it may be enabled in there.

------------------
    T-Bird 900@1050, Alpha PAL6035 W/Delta 38 cfm fan,ABIT KT7A-RAID 150/37X7, Geforce 2 MX 220/185, 256Megs Kingmax PC150 Ram, 2 X 45G 75 GXP, Creative 52x CD-ROM, SB Live Value, DFE 10/100 Nick, Windows ME, Logitech ifeel mouseman, @home cable WOOHOO!!!
    Too many computers to mention, it may need its own ZIPCODE next.

Thanks for the replies. I have put it up to 850 again and going watch it for awhile. As far as the bios I have all power management off, but thing I do notice is that the cpu temp is strange. It reads about 46f from the bios but when I put a thermistor on it, the reading is 68f which is about the same as the m/b. I have the thermistor situated in the golden org heatsink fin. That is strange is it not, are these boards noted for have such a problem, I have heard the pv4x has had temp reading probs maybe this is the same. I have felt the heatsink itself and it is in the basement recroom where it is cool all time, that so the wife and kids don't hang out on the puter hehe, the heatsink is cool to the touch. Mystifies me. Thanks any other thoughts would be appreciated. Hopsing

[This message has been edited by hopsing (edited 03-06-2001).]

Hi its me again I noticed on these Cusl2-c they have a jumper for the chipset voltage its set at default of 3.4v but I am able to go up to 3.6v. Could this be the reason that its not waking or going in suspend mode on its own. Is it recommended to use this voltage setting. I know in the manual its refers to increasing it in the case of overclocking, but they don't endorse it the usual warnings. If you can help me I would appreciate it this is causing me a intense migraine trying to figure it out, its also screwing up my home network. thanks hopsing

Thread Information