CPU temperature
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: CPU temperature

CPU temperature

Is anyone who can inform me what is the max temperature which can afford a CPU without possible permanent problems and the region of normal operation.My Cpu is a Cel 700MHz. Also I want to ask if the temperature sensor wich came with motherboard is accurate so I can trust it. My motherboard is ASUS CUSL2-C.

Look in the bios, and if they match up with the temps from the probe. Then most likely the probe is right. Just dont get mbm4, or make sure it works right, because I have a cusl2-c and mbm 4 was stating idle temp from 5-12c and they were accually 28-32. MbM 5 is correct...for me.

When I install MBM5 then if Probe is running then probably from a conflict both programs shows very low RPM for the Fan so I can't compare the results.
    Anyway do you know in what temperature region (max-min) the CPU must be.

http://support.intel.com/support/pro.../sspec/icp.htm

My best guess is that their is no min, but the max for Intel chip would be 55c. Any hotter and your just shortening the life span of the CPU. Always use a good cooler (Air)
    T.G/and alot of case fans. You can can accurate temps by checking the bios, MB Monitors,or benchmark utilities SiSoft Sandra 2000 and doing a comparison check of each one!

------------------
    P3700@840
    BE6-II/Micron 256MB ECC
    GeForce II GTS
    IBM 20GB ATA66
    SB Live
    BA Digital Media Theater Speakers
    48X Mitsumi CD-ROM
    Hitachi 17" SuperScan
    Ford Mustang GT 2001
    281 Cubic Inch/260HP - Fully Loaded - Mach 460 Surround Sound - Silver Metallic - 17" Aluminum Alloy Rims

Thread Information