OCZ Quad???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: OCZ Quad???

OCZ Quad???

Im thinking of buying the OCZ quad. Should I get the Quad or the Twin? The Quad has 4 50mm fans and the Twin has 2 60mm fans.
    Also is $25 a good price for the Quad? www.coolerchips.com has them cheaper than OCZ, anyone know where I can get one even cheaper?

It looks neat but 50mm fans generally generate about 15CFM and I do not know if stacking the fans like this will really help. The tubulance would likely result in only a slight increase if not a decrease in performance. If it performed good, I would probably run across it in some of the many reviews I have read.

I would recommend just getting the FOP32-1. That I know performs good and is a good all round heatsink. If you don't mind the noise, I'd get the FOP38-1. Very few coolers can beat without being twice as expensive.

You could also go here:
    http://millisec.safeshopper.com/53/450.htm?555

They have a little better sellection and very good prices and charge only $4 for shipping. They have the HedgeHogs and the new GlobalWin WBK38. It has a Delta38 fan, so it is noisy, but it performs very well.

------------------
    The COMPUTER is your FRIEND!
    Happiness is manditory.

[This message has been edited by Todd a (edited 02-04-2001).]
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

The fop 32-1 is only $18 @ Coolerchips.
    what about the OCZ twin it has 2 60mm fans, side by side. It says ther have a seperate 4pin connector for each. I have a 400w Antec
    I should be ok.

ah they are the same price because shipping is more at millisec, but the fop 38 is $2 cheaper at coolerchips, and shipping is $.50 cheaper there too.

anyone have the OCZ twin? should I put a copper chip on too? Thinking of buying one.

check out my new mod. I took an extra FOP32-1 I had and bent the fins out a bit and attacked a high output 80mm case fan (42CFM) to it with some bread twisties. It should cool better than the FOP38 and be quieter than the FOP32-1:

Sorry about the poor picture quality, but I just slapped the heatsink and fan into my flatbed scanner at the lowest resolution grayscale. Then I cropped it and converted it to JPEG. This mod took less time than getting the pictures (about 5 minutes bending the fins with a small screw driver).

------------------
    The COMPUTER is your FRIEND!
    Happiness is manditory.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thread Information