Case Wires ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Case Wires ?

Case Wires ?

On the socket ends of my computer case LED wires there is a small black triangle, does this represent the Plus wire or the Minus wire ? Thanks. Dave.D.
    "The enemy of the enemy is the night"

You mean the end you plug into the mobo, right? Aren't the wires color coded?

Assuming your wires are colored (not all the same color) wouldn't it be easier to just go by the color of the wires to identify which is which?

Maybe I'm confused as to what you're saying/asking here.

The arrow normally represents the #1 spot or lowest number pin. This is usually the ground. Most of the time this does not matter for these plugs. It is just an open/close switch or a speakers. The +/- does not matter.

------------------
    The COMPUTER is your FRIEND!
    Happiness is manditory.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Yes, the plugs that go onto the pins on the motherboard. They are coloured coded, but is the triangle or 'arrow' the plus or the minus wire, reason I ask is because on some of the plugs the arrow is where the coloured wire is terminated but it also appears where the white wire is terminated ? I guess overall the coloured wire is meant to be the plus wire and the white wire is the minus wire ?
    "The enemy of the enemy is the night"

Thread Information