i think i burned my temp sensor
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: i think i burned my temp sensor

i think i burned my temp sensor

My temp in both the bios and windows is always 38 C. sometimes 37C my motherboard is 20 or so it states... but is that normal?? under highload or low load its 38 C or 37 C somtimes it goes to 39C hehe

------------------
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

what motherboard do you have?

it takes A LOT of heat to burn thoes things... I have soldered them on to devices before and they went out of range on the scale.. probably around 300 to 400F, so I doubt you burned it..

on my abit kt7 board the sensor for the processor was not going to touch the chip, so I bent it to a position where I would have to push down on the chip when I installed it.

------------------
    Nothing like BS!

http://bszone.shacknet.nu/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

Go there and have fun!
    One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity!

kt7-raid.. its constant 37 degrees..

high or low

------------------

Those figures look about normal.

It would need IMMENSE temperatures to kill one of those sensors. If the sensor was dead, your CPU would be long gone.

------------------
    ...and the 8th and final rule, if this is your first night, you have to fight.
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

Thread Information