2 Questions
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 2 Questions

2 Questions

First one: I need to get a Power and a Reset Switches for an ATX case, where can i find them, i have looked in quite a bit of places and i cant find any. Anyone know??

Second, i was thinking about getting the Enlight 7237 http://www.************.com/cases/enlight_7237.htm ...But there is no place for a fan in the back for exhaust. So i was wondering if anyone had this case, and if so how did they mod it to fit the fan? I was thinking just a blow hole in the back would work, but i wanted others opinions.
    Thanks

Try Radio Shack for the ATX switch.

My 7237 has a place for a rear fan just under the PS. I have one there.

------------------
    Now, what was I doin'......

don

Thats odd, because this one doesnt have a place for the fan, and thanks. ill look.

--I might be wrong, but judging from the picture, it doesnt look like it has a spot...

[This message has been edited by Tomschaft (edited 01-21-2001).]

No it does not. To make it worse the sheet metal in back is not flat. You can probably only fir a 60mm fan next to the I/O sheild. Anything larger would require a pretty messy cut. I'd look for a differant case if you can. Otherwise a blowq hole can be cut in the top (just in front of the PS) or in the side (directly across from the CPU).

I'd personally get a differant case. My al time faforite mid range case is this (yes you've all heard it befor):

http://www.directron.com/fk603atxcase.html

It has a really good layout and comes with an AMD approved 250w PS for only $67. Lots of good features.

------------------
    The COMPUTER is your FRIEND!
    Happiness is manditory.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

http://www.directron.com/998k.html

This is the case I just bought except I got a 300watt power supply instead of the 250 watt one.

Mine kinda looks like the big brother of the one Todd a showed above.

------------------
    ThunderBird 700@900
    Asus A7V
    256megs PC133@cas2
    20.4Gig WD
    ATI 32meg

[This message has been edited by GenLee_01 (edited 01-21-2001).]
    T-bird 750@1100mhz
    KT7-r
    512megs PC133@cas2
    30Gig IBM
    Leadtek GF2u
    SbLive!
    www.CrackedForum.com

Tomschaft-

The back of mine is different than your pic. Under the cutout for the PS fan is another cutout for a second fan. When I ordered mine I ask for an additional fan. My invoice still says Enlight 7237 but now I don't know.

------------------
    Now, what was I doin'......

don

i have bought two enlight cases both 7237.. and they both have a fan hole in the back.. also my friend bought a 7237 and he also has a fan hole in the back.. i don't know why enligh hasn't updated their pictures tho... my friend bought his from www.onvia.com check over there to see if its the same one ur buying..

neither of us bought an extra fan from the company either... we ordered the fan from a different place

------------------
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by arbntmare (edited 01-21-2001).]
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Either of those cases would be great, normaly I would spend more money in something like this. But the thing is i dont have the money right now, i might just wait until i have the money, but i really dont want to
    I cant find a decent case with a 300wtt ps in it for around 50 bucks, like 70 shipped.
    Thanks for the help. Ill look and see if Onvia has that case. Would I really need a 300wtt ps? I mean it would be nice for future upgrades. I wont have anything special in my case, maybe except a cd-rw and like 2 or 3 case fans in there(plus the usual), would 250 wtt be enough? Or should i go ahead and get a 300?
    Thanks

Thread Information