Try understanding this!?! I surely can't!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Try understanding this!?! I surely can't!!

Try understanding this!?! I surely can't!!

T-Bird 800Mhz not O/C 1.7V
    Asus-A7V(bios 1005)
    Via4.28
    128 MbRam Pc133 Spectek
    3D Prophet 2 GTS 32Mb
    Creative 128 Pci
    Samsung 8 Gb Ata66
    Silicom USB network adaptor

Hi, I have the weirdest thing going on. When my room temp is low +-15C my computer freezes, crashes, gives errors, programs shut down automaticly with no reason...
    But on the other hand when temps go up in my room +-25C, everything seems to be stabilizing...
    CPU temps(idle/stressed) 40/43 when room is cool
    CPU temps(idle/stressed) 43/48 when room is warm
    Can someone understand what is going on???

Beats the crap outta me. Anyone?

------------------
    Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!
    If it ain't broke...

...make it go faster!!

mebbe some lose connections due to the temp differences? It's also possible that you may be running just a little too much power through the chip and at the lower temps it is enough to crash it.. i have had a similar problem with my vapochill where if you go for too much power on too low of a speed it is alomost like it doesnt have enough and you get sporadic crashes etc..

Tried it. Seems it has stabilized a bit...but i still get thrown out of programs frequently...
    Should I put it on 1.6V or lower??

It is likely the power supply. They tend to operate better when they warm up. I sometimes have trouble on a cold boot with my genaric 250w PS. Once it gets into Windows successfully it is fine. when it is warn it ALWAYS boots fine. I was building another computer and tried the new PS and the problem disaperared. It would just reboot just befor finishing loading Windows. The system would be cheaking the CD ROMs and runnig the HD at full till with full CPU load and memory use. No errors, just a reboot. I removed one fan and pulled out a modem I no longer use and the problem decreased quite a bit.

I am planning on getting an AMD approved 300w PS and getting some "low noise" PanaFlo case fans (2 92mm and 2 80mm total) and a slot cooler to quietly cool my case. Of coarse I want to add a window and lighting to the side panel too.

What PS are you using?

------------------
    The COMPUTER is your FRIEND!
    Happiness is manditory.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

I think its a 275W p/s. It came with my Aopen midicase. AMD approved.

Thread Information