Good pic of KT7A needed
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Good pic of KT7A needed

Good pic of KT7A needed

If someone has a really good pic of a KT7A I need to see it

I'm getting one soon and I need to know what kind of working space I've got. Any other GOOD KT133A based mobo with good space around the socket is of interest.

Oh and - if anyone wants a complete Vapochill (with some mods), mail me

------------------
    -15c and counting...
    Carpe noctem!

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    Epox 8KTA3+ (KT133A Raid)

Looks promising

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

Is the KT7A out yet? That is the board I am waiting for. As to a picture, it should look exactly like the regular KT7 except that it will have the KT133A chipset. Other than that, they should be identical.

------------------
    WHASSSSUUUUP???

It should be the same as the currant Abit KT7. They just change the South bridge to VIA's "B" version that supports ATA100 and the North Bridge now supports the 133MHz bus speeds. It should be the same otherwize.

They still have the same number and type of slots, they use the 3 phase power sollution, they still use 3 DIMMs.

This is ripped from their web site:

"The VIA KT133A chipset is comprised of the VT8363A North Bridge controller and the VT82C686B South Bridge controller (as opposed to the VT8363 and VT82C686A chips of the KT133). This 8363A North Bridge provides compatibility with 266MHz FSB CPUs. The 686B South Bridge adds support for UDMA/100 to the native IDE channels, making the KT7A capable of supporting up to 4 such devices, while the KT7A-RAID is capable of supporting up to 8! The 3 DIMM slots for up to 1.5 GB of SDRAM have been retained."

Found here:
    http://www.abit-usa.com/english/index.htm

I looked as around a bit but could not find a picture of one, but based on the few KT133A motherboards being reviewed they did not waste money redesigning the layout.

------------------
    The COMPUTER is your FRIEND!
    Happiness is manditory.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Found one:

Abit KT7

Abit KT7A

This is a link to the manufacturers web site. It looks like the did move some of the capacitors that were to the right and left of the socket a little farther away. They also did add the ATA100 as expected.

Her is a quick review of the board:
    http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/mainb...t7a/index.html

------------------
    Happiness is manditory.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thanks for all the replies - just what I needed - I took a look at the HUGE pic Anand had at his site too. I've decided to drop the idea of using two peltiers on the cpu, which makes things a lot simpler.

------------------
    Carpe noctem!
    Carpe noctem!

That pic of the Epox 8KTA3+ (KT133A Raid) shows two (what look like LED number chips). What would they be for then?

Bladerunner : they are for error-diagnostics. Just like the ABIT Postman If the system fails to post these led displays show a code, you look up that code in the booklet and hey presto - you know what the problem is

I'm using a postman on my BF6 and I've found it extremely useful.

------------------
    Carpe noctem!
    Carpe noctem!

Excellent! and I've never seen that before although I've heard postman mentioned.

What number do you get when the mobo is on fire

It is the same as D-LED that has 4 LEDs that light in certain orders to give you differant error codes. There is even a board that has a voice chip that will speak the problem in English (and at least one other language). A neat feature, that can save a bit of time if say the contacts on your DIMMs were not very clean or the keyboard was not plugged in all the way...

------------------
    Happiness is manditory.

Thread Information