help???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: help???

help???

how can I over clock my PII 400? is it possible to get it higher than 450Mhz or should i just buy a new mother board and CPU?

that all depends on what your FSB will let you do. and what kinda cooling and cards ya gots.
    iAMDking.
    P.s. a duron and KT7 mobo for about 200 is a great deal.

------------------
    "Is it worth it to give your heart away, and live for a great period of joy, risking the chance to have your heart broken? If your heart does get broken, was it worth it to give it away? - Me"
    "Is it worth it to give your heart away, and live for a great period of joy, risking the chance to have your heart broken? If your heart does get broken, was it worth it to give it away? - Me"

i think i got a 100Mhz front side bus and a couple cards a voodoo 5 AGP, Creative sound blaster,10/100 ethernet card/robotics modem.

The core in the PII 400 can reach up to 6000Mhz or so, but you need a motherboard that has bus speeds above 100Mhz. Several have 112 and 124, but some better ones can go in 1Mhz increments up to 200Mhz. 112Mhz is not too bad and will let you hit 450Mhz pretty easy. 124Mhz will start to push things a bit. You hard drive or graphics card or even memory might not like it.

Chances are you will need a new motheerboard and CPU.

------------------
    The COMPUTER is your FRIEND!
    Happiness is manditory.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Justintime Guest
    hey todd, you HAD TO mean 600? did'ny ya?

prob will do it..

------------------
    Jr

Thread Information