about overclocking 3d prophet 2 mx
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: about overclocking 3d prophet 2 mx

about overclocking 3d prophet 2 mx

so the geforce are all good card to overclock then i got a question for you all
    if i would go out and buy a oem 163/163 (i think) or buy a retail 183/183 or so
    is the oem card just as stable as the retail if so wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the oem and overclock it to 200/200 or as hi as it goes ? (btw i'm talking about a hercules 3d prophet 2 mx dual video )

can someone plz tell me that the oem is as stable when you overclok it at the same speed with a retail version ???plz

The retail version comes with 5.5ns mem chips, so in theory it will overclock stable to higher speeds. The OEM ones come with 7 or 7.5ns chips (not sure), so they will prob overclock less. It all depends, i'm running my Asus v7100 at 210Mhz mem, it has 7ns Hyundai mem chips. No gurantees.

If you want to overclock then definitely go for the retail version.

Go to www.pricewatch.com and type in "geforce mx 5.5ns" U can get an eVga mx with 5.5 the will oc to the max. Under $100 has 32mb memory just add a 486 fan and u have it. I am running one now and love it. Does get any cheaper.

I think he's looking for a card with TwinView. My preference goes to the Leadtek Winfast Geforce 2 MX DH Pro. Comes with Twinview and TV out. It has a temp sensor, oversized heatsink with active cooling, and 6ns memory chips. Seems like a bargain for only $124.

------------------
    Gimme my TriLevel Cache
    Modded Matrox Parhelia 128mb Retail
    AGUIA Y TBRED 1700+@2ghz
    Epox 8K3A+

Thread Information