QUICK!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: QUICK!!!

QUICK!!!

They're selling this 128MB PC133 memory here for about 90USD a piece, and another one for just about $100. Usually it's almost twice that price, but it's a special so I have to react fast. The memory is

VM/Mira/Spectek 128MB SDRAM/DIMM PC-133 and is AMD-compatible for 518FIM/stick
    or
    Spectek/Infinion original 128MB SDRAM/DIMM PC-133 probably also AMD-compatible for 618FIM/stick

Anyone ever heard of these? Sure, it's probably not too good, but the price is good. The next option is

Kingmax original sdram 128MB PC133 7.5ns, 168-pin SDRAM/DIMM for 579FIM/stick so 599FIM/stick with a 2-year guarantee

and after that it gets really expensive (kingmax PC150 etc).

What do you think? The Kingmax stuff is only a little more expensive than the cheaper choice, and actually cheaper than the other special.
    "No doubt the truth, as usual, would be somewhere between the extremes" -Arthur C Clarke

Ram prices have fallen through the floor check www.pricewatch.com

Pricewatch does little or no good to me. The prices I mentioned are the cheapest here.

So what about those memory types? Which would you pick?
    "No doubt the truth, as usual, would be somewhere between the extremes" -Arthur C Clarke

Go with the Infinionm, sounds good to me. If the Kingmax ram is 7.5ns it won't go much past 133MHz

------------------
    -15c and counting...
    Carpe noctem!

Thread Information