satalite connection's-anyone got one-how fast??
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: satalite connection's-anyone got one-how fast??

satalite connection's-anyone got one-how fast??

does anyone here have a satalite connection for downloads, i've read that you can download at 2mbps, way faster than adsl, which i can't get in my area, please tell me that there alright because i cant stand this 56k connection anymore, thanks guys

Yeah! I got one right here it has been instaled 2 weeks ago its SPRINTBROADBAND only avalible in Arizona and its Coxail chanlel Dish network no phone line needed way better than WebPC or what ever its caled I am paying 39.99 for 6.4mbps downstream or 800KB/s and 256kbps upstream also known as 32KB/s Upload speed satisfied in games and everything else i get around 47 to 55 avrage ping in very busy servers in Counter Strike and when not i can get to low as 37!
    This was taken 3 days ago on sierra site me downloading the latest HL patch 1104!
    Alex D

------------------
    WTF?? I am just trying to help OK!
    The Real Power IS UNDER THE TOWER OF POWER
    check it out! http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/save/23/index.htm

hell i want one
    but it will cost about a grand a month over hear

------------------
    i am hear dun by

[This message has been edited by sven256 (edited 11-09-2000).]
    allways happy to help

well from what i saw on some sites you could get it for less than 300 and its only 10 a month for subscribing

holy cr*p. thats fast. i only get around 450kb/sec on my new cable modem. course it is much better than 4.5 kb/sec

------------------
    Visit my website!
    look for me on AIM as gosanjose or on ICQ as #46997155

In the Maximum PC on broadband, it said satelite was useless unless out in the country... Like Montana or Wyoming or Nunavut (hehe, they dont even have electricity there )

------------------
    If you choose the lesser of the two evils you are still stuck with an evil.

www.votenader.org
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

SSP well this is totaly diff one than the MAXIMUM PC reviewed this one dosent need no phone line and its not Direct PC or DUO or other crap this is something diffrent it uses coxail cable and it uploads @ 256kbps/ and downloads @ 6400kbps that is equal to 32KB/s upload and 800KB/upload and its perfect for gaming 37ping in all games! Anyways its not actualy satelite, its only avalible in arizona phoinex area where we get a singla is not actualy a satelite but its this tower on top of the southern mountain!
    Alex D

------------------
    WTF?? I am just trying to help OK!
    The Real Power IS UNDER THE TOWER OF POWER
    check it out! http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/save/23/index.htm

I'm friends with the owners of this company its a wireless transmitter to anywher in the area ( 10 mbit to a car for instance ) it's pretty cool and it's cheap too ( $250 for 1.544 mbit u/d ) but the equipment is expensive $2400..

www.airwire.net

Thread Information