kingmax tiny BGA and pep66
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: kingmax tiny BGA and pep66

kingmax tiny BGA and pep66

this may be dumb... but i've never actually seen a slocket...

i'm wondering how tiny this tiny BGA stuff is, because i want to put tons of RAM on my abit BE6, and i know that using an alpha pep66 will block one of the dimm slots. anybody know if the tiny is tiny enough to slide in under the pep66 (with a p3 700 on an abit slocket 3) in the first dimm slot?

thanks.

------------------
    glaben
    ezekiel 25:17

I had an Abit BE6, Iwill Slocket II and an Alpha PEP66T and what normally happens with standard height RAM is you'll lose a single DIMM slot. I heard someone here say that his TinyBGA fits right under the Alpha so filling up all three DIMM's will be fine.

So you're safe.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

cool! thanks toolbox.

------------------
    glaben

I don't have an Alpha but the KingMax Tiny BGA memory fit right under my GlobalWin VOS32. I have another stick of Mushkin PC133 HighPerf rev2 but it won't fit under my big *** heatsink! Given that I only had ONE DIMM slot that I could use, that kind of sucked! But now thanks to KingMax and there bad *** memory, I have ALL my DIMM slots filled (384MB) on my BF6.

[This message has been edited by LaoChe (edited 10-30-2000).]

I have KingMax TinyBGA in my first DIMM (ABit BF6) underneath an Alpha1HO-P3... it's about 1/4 inch shorter than "regular" RAM.

------------------
    what?

BTW www.pcboost.com has the PC150 too, at a price comparable to multiwave. they have a pretty good rating on resellerratings so i might go with them.

thanks for the help everyone. not losing dimm slot 1 is cool - now i can fill up the slots with 128 meg sticks and not have to buy 256's... seems like you pay quite a premium for the extra density on a single dimm.

------------------
    glaben

I've done business with pcboost several times. Aside from being a bit preachy about Atlas Precision products (not an issue here), they were always real good to work with. I found their shipping charges significant, but not abusive, and they always delivered what I ordered, on time.

------------------
    Free advice, and worth every penny.
    Free advice, and worth every penny.

PCBoost is alright... I think I've dealt with them before.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information