kingmax tiny BGA and pep66
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: kingmax tiny BGA and pep66

kingmax tiny BGA and pep66

this may be dumb... but i've never actually seen a slocket...

i'm wondering how tiny this tiny BGA stuff is, because i want to put tons of RAM on my abit BE6, and i know that using an alpha pep66 will block one of the dimm slots. anybody know if the tiny is tiny enough to slide in under the pep66 (with a p3 700 on an abit slocket 3) in the first dimm slot?

thanks.

------------------
    glaben
    ezekiel 25:17

I had an Abit BE6, Iwill Slocket II and an Alpha PEP66T and what normally happens with standard height RAM is you'll lose a single DIMM slot. I heard someone here say that his TinyBGA fits right under the Alpha so filling up all three DIMM's will be fine.

So you're safe.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak.

cool! thanks toolbox.

------------------
    glaben

I don't have an Alpha but the KingMax Tiny BGA memory fit right under my GlobalWin VOS32. I have another stick of Mushkin PC133 HighPerf rev2 but it won't fit under my big *** heatsink! Given that I only had ONE DIMM slot that I could use, that kind of sucked! But now thanks to KingMax and there bad *** memory, I have ALL my DIMM slots filled (384MB) on my BF6.

[This message has been edited by LaoChe (edited 10-30-2000).]

I have KingMax TinyBGA in my first DIMM (ABit BF6) underneath an Alpha1HO-P3... it's about 1/4 inch shorter than "regular" RAM.

------------------
    what?

BTW www.pcboost.com has the PC150 too, at a price comparable to multiwave. they have a pretty good rating on resellerratings so i might go with them.

thanks for the help everyone. not losing dimm slot 1 is cool - now i can fill up the slots with 128 meg sticks and not have to buy 256's... seems like you pay quite a premium for the extra density on a single dimm.

------------------
    glaben

I've done business with pcboost several times. Aside from being a bit preachy about Atlas Precision products (not an issue here), they were always real good to work with. I found their shipping charges significant, but not abusive, and they always delivered what I ordered, on time.

------------------
    Free advice, and worth every penny.
    Free advice, and worth every penny.

PCBoost is alright... I think I've dealt with them before.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information