OC'D my PPro but it locked up after awhile of webbrowsing
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: OC'D my PPro but it locked up after awhile of webbrowsing

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone

OC'D my PPro but it locked up after awhile of webbrowsing

200mhz ppro
    128mb EDO ram dimm
    micronics atx invader
    oc'd to 233mhz but it locked up but not at first.

I even tried it at 266mhz and it wouldn't even boot windows.

This never happened before on my normal clocked machine.Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

ol' man

wild guess:
    too hot - try bigger heatsink if you can... or something better cooling. Put in near the air conditioner or near an open window if you live where its cold now

------------------
    Impossible? Watch me.
    Impossible? Watch me.

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone
    Well I put my case next to a window with the power pack down so the heat sink is exposed to the most amount of cool air as possible. Last time I was going to post it locked up on me again this time with out being OC'd.

I am having errors in my picture.
    Sometimes the letters are missing some parts and if I take my mouse and run the screen up and down for a few seconds it will take care of most of it. Do you think this is my video card?

It hasn't locked up on me yet so it is doing pretty good so far. This is a mini atx case and everthing is packed real close together. These PPro chips are very big as I am sure you know and have alot of brass on the back of them. I am going to look for a big fan tommorrow with this though I am going to have to drill a buch of little holes for the air to get through. This should take care of alot of the problem. Plus get a bigger heatsink. This is all stuff that can be reused later. I never had problems with my Aopen but that is becasue it was a desktop model and the top was always "Aopen". How does this thing shut down or basically know when to shut down?
    This motherboard has a temperature sensor for the cpu but it says it needs special software for that. Does the cpu have a temp sensor built in it?

ol' man .

Thread Information