Abit BX6 R2.0 Bios question
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Abit BX6 R2.0 Bios question

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)

Abit BX6 R2.0 Bios question

I've wondered for a long time, but never bothered to ask anyone before. In the Softmenu Bios for this board, on the CPU multiplier and FSB page, there's a setting for AGP/CPU clk that can be set to either 2/3 or 1/1.

For a 100 MHz Bus, 2/3 seems right. I'm guessing the 1/1 setting is for 66 MHz FSB processors like Celerons and old PII's.

Out of curiosity (or plain stupidity) I have (in the past) set the divider to 1/1 with a 100 MHz bus, and found that everything worked fine. Does the Bios just disregard this setting when the FSB is set above a certain level or what?

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

What kind of graphics card do you have ? Some (in particular Nvidia's GeForce and GeForce2's) are able to cope with very high AGP speeds.

My Voodoo3 sadly isn't maxes out at 94MHz
    Carpe noctem!

Thread Information