to watercool or not to watercool? that is the question
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: to watercool or not to watercool? that is the question

to watercool or not to watercool? that is the question

I have a duron 650@900..I ahd it up to 1050 with an air cooled peltier . I would like to get it to a stable gig but I cant do it with out watercooling.I have been pricing watercooling systems but it seams I cant get one with everything I need for under $150 any one have any suggestions? I do not like the idea of making my own water block.So for me that is out of the question right now.

------------------
    If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long will it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a cucumber?????
    If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long will it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a cucumber?????

With your current cooling setup, what's your maximum stable speed? Would you be willing to spend $150 for ~75 - 100 extra MHz clock speed?

------------------
    -=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.
    -=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.

Proud Member of the OCN Hellspawns Genome Fleet
    TeamID: 567443298
    OCN Genome FAQ | OCN Genome Stats

My water-cooled system cost me $35. $25 for the pump, $5 for the tubing, and $5 for the joints/nipples/valves. I made my Waterblock in a friends shop, so I didn't have to pay anything for it. And the water doesn't get hot enough that it needs to be cooled by a radiator yet. I've run my system on 3 Gallons of water for 12hrs using the Q3 demo, and the CPU only reached 42C. That's still about 3C below what my GWVOS32 was doing while running nothing.

------------------
    The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know anything at all.

Visit the "Computers" section of my humble website:
    www.techcomm.net/~mosherup/index.html
    The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know anything at all.

Visit the "Computers" section of my humble website:Maximum Mollerup

I do need to suggest a mighty large radiator, if you plan on using a high powered peltier with a duron\T-bird, I'm now running my Duron600 beneath on of those loaded with a drift 0.8, oh boy.....what a HOT affair, this 5"x11" multi-channel rad has it's work cut out for it, right now I'm sitting +21c at 0.979 Ghz but with the TEC at 12v.
    24v creates to much heat for this Rad and overpowers it .
    Also a good high flow pump is essential

------------------
    Go ahead...... lick my BLOCK
    My page is here now.(Sorry for the popup banner there)
    Go ahead...... lick my BLOCK
    This is my website

[drool] Rotor I commend you. That is by far the most beatiful animation I have ever seen. [/drool]
    -ram
    Yeah... bout' the only thing you wouldn't want to overclock, would be your clock...
    Unless you just want to be early all the time..

Hay I want one of those durons. That is the first duron or tbird I have seen on a slocket

realy now . I am thinking of going with a dual waterpump ( kind of a fail safe )I am also checking into a custom waterblock. I am trying to make a waterblock and a HS in one so if one fails I will have a fighting chance. It is kinda like mounting a HS on top of a waterblock but it is all one piece of aluminum. I am also looking in to modding my cooler master HSF but I dont think it is possable because there is vary little room to work with.

well what do you think roter. you seam to be the guru in this area.If I do decide to go above and beyond air cooling how much would a vapochiller be??

------------------

Thread Information