My computer peeps!!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: My computer peeps!!!!

My computer peeps!!!!

Sometimes my computer begins to peep. Usually this happens when I run cpu-intensive programs.

Can it be that it is my power supply that is peeping?

I've put my ear against it at the back of my computer, where the air flows out and I can hear the peeping clearly. There are people that say that it is my CPU but I can't distinguish, the sounds is too high for that.
    The sounds is also audible when I go into BIOS.

I've disconnected power on all my IDE-devices and I didn't hear the sound in BIOS, then I reconnected power on one of my cdrom drives and the sound reappeared.

Also when I run SETI, the sound is audible but the sound always goes away after a period of time, a minute or 2 or 3.

What is causing this sound and is there something wrong? It has always been like this. I've got an Aopen HX-45 case with the Aopen power supply of 235W. Here in Belgium, Europe, voltage settings are 220V.

Abit BE6-II
    P 3 550 katmai
    64MB RAM
    SBLIVE
    TNT2 M64

-thx-

...That "peep" usually is indicative of an overheating CPU, or under voltage problems. Get into your case and see if your cpu is running to hot. If your mobo has a temperature indicator on it, check the temp of that cpu.
    ..."As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another"...
    Proverbs 27:17

Ok, my temperature can go up to 61C.
    This is high, I know, but I've been told by Abit that the temperature is read wrong by the motherboard..

I don't overclock so I cannot see how temperature can go so high...

If I put my hand to the heatsink when temperature should be 61C, I can hold my hand on it without burning myself

Also when I put a temperature sensor next to the processor core..temperature is 10C lower than the one displayed in BIOS

There are several people with such high temperatures..also BE6-2 owners

My computer is very stable...although that is what my CPU testing program tells me

Sometimes I get lock ups and my computer keeps peeping

so..what do yo people think?

the peeping also occurs when I scroll my screen..

What kind of peeping? Does it come from the PC speaker, or is it a mechanical thing, or from your speaker, etc? My sound card gets interference from my cooling fans and I'll hear a little crackle. It might be intereference from another source.
    Pentium IV 2.4C Northwood- M0 stepping @ 3.2GHz HT
    Air Cooled w/ SP-94 heatpipe & 92mm Vantex Tornado at 45C
    4x256=1gb dual-channel 2-3-3-6 OCZ PC800DRAM @ 890MHz 3-4-4-8
    MSI Neo2-PLS w/I865PE & SATA @ 4x267=1068MHz
    BFG GeForceFX 5900@485/967MHz = 6284 3DMark2003s; dual-head 21" CRT & 19" LCD

Thread Information