Help cant get stable on a 700 cb0 at 933!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Help cant get stable on a 700 cb0 at 933!!!

Hybrid View

Help cant get stable on a 700 cb0 at 933!!!

I have all the right hardware, cb0 chip, Asus CUBX motherboard, Geforce 256 ddr, sound blaster, network card, and dvd decoder. I cant get the comp stable above like 110 fsb. Every time I load a graphic intensive application, it freezes. My motherboard has pci dividers, and i have an alpha heatsink. My comp stays around 28-32 degrees Celcius idle. And doesnt go that much higher in apps. What could be wrong... Please help. Ihave tried all fsb settings and core voltage settings, up to 1.85. Also, windows loads up very slow when I up the speed. When I jump back down to 100fsb at 700mhz Windows loads up fast. At 933 its takes forever. Im pretty sure that I should beable to run this system at least at 933. And with tehe pci divider i rule out any pci card causing teh lock ups. Any suggesitons would help.

what kind of memory are you using and what are the settings?
    REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)

Were was your chip made? I have a cB0 650 and it won't run at 900 or 910 (1.85v)stable. I can run 3Dmark2000 for like 5 hrs with no problem, but if I play UT for about 15 mins it freezes!!! My chip was made in Costa Rica and it freakin' sucks compared to my PIII600e (cA2) that will run at 852 with 1.75v!! The 600e was made in Malaysia, so that is were I'd recommend getting a chip from.

I have Mushkin Hi-Perf Ram, 128 megs, 2-2-2 are the settings. By the way the chip was made in the Philippines. I have also tried the 3dBenchmark and it freezes there during the loading phase of the 1st test. I really wish I could figure out why it boots into Windows a lot slower.

Very strange it seems like you have everything you need. I have heard lots of people talk about instability with there Asus CUBX boards. Many people were dissapointed because that board just couldnt be stable when overclocking there chips. It seems like the motherboard is your problem. If I was you I would update the bios and see if that helps. If not then you may want to get a new motherboard like the Abit BX133.

Try setting your memory to 3-3-3 and see if this affects anything. A more conservative setting oftentimes does the trick. I couldn't even install Win98 when my RAM was at 2-2-2 and I have 2 sticks of EMS pc133 HSDRAM (though my system still doesnt like Win98 ). I changed it to 3-3-3 and everything worked fine. Might be the solution...

SlyveR

------------------
    i'm sotally tober... drot nunk at all... i swear...
    i'm sotally tober... drot nunk at all... i swear...

Thanks for the help, Ill try your suggestions and see wha happens.

Darn bummer! cB0 chips are suppose to rule! my cA2 FC-PGA does pretty good on a ASUS CUV4X, so far great board!

Here we go again. One thing to bear in mind with overclocking is that nothing is granted. It may go all the way to sky high frequencies, or it may not go even a percent over the nominal speed, or something in between.

------------------
    Moraelin -- the proud member of the Idiots' Guild
    Moraelin -- the proud member of the Idiots' Guild

Here's something to try. If your BIOS has an SDRAM Precharge setting, enable it. If I have this disabled on my mobo, it doesn't wanna O/C much. With it enabled, I can run my Mosel SDRAM at 2-2-2 up to 144 MHz.
    1.Old Antec Case, Asus PC-DL, 2 x 1.6 LV D1 Xeons @ 3 GHz, 2GB Corsair PC3200 @ 200 MHz, Chaintech 6800 128MB AGP

2. Old Crap Beige Case, Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H, Core i3 530, 4GB CL8 OCZ DDR3-1600, eVGA GTX465

3. Asus Pundit mATX Case, MSI AMD Zacate E350/dual core E350IS-E45 mini-ITX, 4GB CL9 Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1333, LG Blu Ray/HD DVD & DVD Burner

you might also want to try diabling the udma 66 controller and starting of the onboard IDE the controllers have gotten better but are still notoriously bad for fsb overclocking..

Thread Information