T-bird 750 sitting at 918 at 1.9 v
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: T-bird 750 sitting at 918 at 1.9 v

T-bird 750 sitting at 918 at 1.9 v

I have it rigged with an ASUS A7V mobo and have the voltage set at 1.85v however the actual voltage is around 1.9. I unlocked this 750 chip with the use of a pencil...and got it to post a 978 last night (9.5 x 103) but just couldn't get any higher...might be able to with a little higher voltage but the mobo doesn't support anything higher....booted into win98 at 927 (9 x 103) might have popped in a 936 but don't have a 104 FSB setting...it locked when I installed anything in win98 anyhow. Right now running at 918 with a temp of 42 at idle and am able to play Q3 etc with no problems so far...will update after I do more of a burn in.

------------------
    When in doubt break out the sledge hammer....

Keep "tweakin"

Congrats!
    If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

What cooling are you using?

regards MOF

I am using a globalwin FOP32 which I had to mod slightly by grinding down that little lip on one side....it seems to do well enough and I had to be careful as hell. I personally have a slightly chip core and I am not sure if I can attribute it to this cooler or not, being there was no crushing sound etc. Amazingly this chip works just fine though. I you use one be careful or get an alpha....I trust this heatsink now though....

------------------

may I ?

my honest opinion....... go with water cooling..... these T-birds ar HOT ! DAMN HOT! eg.
    on air

on water

how are you setting the voltage, in the bios or with the jumpers?

------------------
    Go ahead...... lick my BLOCK
    My page is here now.(Sorry for the popup banner there)

[This message has been edited by #Rotor (edited 08-07-2000).]
    Go ahead...... lick my BLOCK
    This is my website

Setting the jumpers on the board...water cooling would be an intresting step but I really don't have the cash to mess with that at the moment....I have considered a pelt setup but no cash for that yet either...I am going to get some artic silver compound and see if that works a little better than this generic stuff I have not and I already have a delta 60mm 7000 rpm fan in the mail to replace the one on the FOP 32, also going to rig up cpuidle and see if that helps as well....those comined should bring down the temps a little....sitting at 42C right not a 1.9 volts...dropped down to 900 because it was locking last night when playing Q3....not sure if its the graphics card or not yet because it was o/c...intresting thing I found about the tnt2 card I have is that it is fine at temps up to 43C but if you hit 44 you get visual defects and/or locks....I gota do a little more testing to see what I can get this system stable at....900 is doing good right now though...I will post some sandra and winbench scores as soon as I get my FTP program up....

------------------

man thats good
    I've got the t-bird 700
    Its stable at 850 with 1.75v
    and stable at 800 with 1.7v
    It will post at 900 with 1.85v but hangs when going into windows. (need more voltage)
    My tempatures are high 48 idle and 50 when playing games.

Thread Information