Anyone tried out the Abit BX 133 yet????
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Anyone tried out the Abit BX 133 yet????

Anyone tried out the Abit BX 133 yet????

If you did what's your opinion????
    Have a be-6 but I'm thinking of buying some new ****, might go i815 though..........
    Any opinons??

I've been asking that same question, I havent found anyone around here yet that has one. I myself am torn between getting one of those boards or an 815 board as well, but I think I'll hold off for a while on the 815's. I want to see if Intel is going to license the 815 to other manufacturers, then I could buy an ABIT using the 815! Hehehe..
    Long Live The BP6!

Abit has 815 motherboards.

z: I think they are talking about the Agp divider/pci bus/ overclocking issue. There are some newer boards based on BX with the Newer "features" pc133/agp 4x/udma 66....

You tell me...Im not a BX user...nor Do I use Intel made processors...but based on what Ive seen of the BX system....Ive always wondered why it wasnt updated with the newer features...since it has maintained itself as the "primo" chipset.

The Intel 815 chipset is already being used by a whole bunch of motherboard manufacturers. Abit, Asus, Soyo Tek, etc. I would get the Abit BX133 depending on your video card. The BX would be a better choice, it will offer compatability, speed, and stability all greater than the Intel 815. If you current video card cant cut it then go ahead and get a Intel 815 board, I think Asus's board is pretty good.

Hey aug, and que thanks for the heads up. I wasnt aware that ABIT had 815's available yet, but then again I've been working alot of overtime!

I've already got a BE6-II(650 CBO), great board. Also a BP6(2x500), and a BX6 v2(366). The board we were actually talking about is the BX133-RAID( http://www.abit.com.tw/english/product/bx133.htm ) its like the BE6-II but with UDMA/100 support and onboard RAID 0/1. Pretty nice looking board!

Check out the link and tell me what you think...
    Long Live The BP6!

I was aware that you were talking about the BX133 board. I thought that you guys were debating on whether or not to get the Abit BX133 board or one of the New Intel 815 boards. My opinion was to go with the Abit BX133 board. Sorry if I was confusing

Abit has announced a new product...their ultimate (last?) BX based board called the BX-133 RAID. It looks like they took a BE-6II, changed the slot to a socket, and swapped the much hated HPT-366 for a "new and improved" HPT-370 UDMA controller. The new HighPoint chip supports UDMA100, and RAID level 0 & 1. I have yet to see one in real life, but it appears that eval boards were distributed to many of the popular hardware reviewing sites. Abit is also making a 815 based board, the SE6(I think).
    Free advice, and worth every penny.

Originally posted by Necessary Evil:
    z: I think they are talking about the Agp divider/pci bus/ overclocking issue. There are some newer boards based on BX with the Newer "features" pc133/agp 4x/udma 66....

No there are not. The BX chipset hs not nor will it ever be updated to support AGP 4X OR a 1/2 AGP divider OR PC133.

It just so happens that the BX chipset is so elegantly superior that you can clock it to hell and back (hence the PC133 "support"). And card makers are finally beginning to make their hardware more tolerant of higher bus speeds ... hence the ability to run stable at 133 even with a 2/3 divider on AGP. As for AAGP 4X, well, nobody really cares.

------------------
    This signature space FOR RENT

This signature space FOR SALE

Thread Information