Does my Be6-II NOT have temp monitors?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Does my Be6-II NOT have temp monitors?

Hybrid View

MitchSchaft Guest

Does my Be6-II NOT have temp monitors?

Or what? It came with one probe, so I stuck it between the HSF&CPU. I thought it could monitor CPU temps without the probe and also the ambient air. Am I wrong or is it broken ?

You have to use the sensor to get the CPU temperature but the system temperature is taken by an integrated sensor on the motherboard. Nothing is broke.

MitchSchaft Guest
    Well, that's my point. The integrated sensor isn't doing something right. According to Motherboard Monitor v4.18 it's at "-48C" That's impossible. Albeit I'm using a Tornado1000 case, but that temp is just crazy. I also thougth there were supposed to be 3 sensors. 2 integrated, and 1 with the probe. 1 integrated sensor says "127c", the other says "-48". The only one that works correctly is the probe sensor which is at "28C".
    Any ideas?

My board reads 37 (integrated)

CPU reads 45 (probe)

Power/Aux reads 29

These are Sandra readings.

MBM reads board at 37 (integrated)

The other readings you have are way out.

------------------
    regards

tmac
    regards

tmac

MitchSchaft Guest
    The only monitor that works is with the probe. I was wondering if the other 2 don't work. Or is there something I'm supposed to do to make them work. The manual says nothing about them and I bought the thing 2 days ago.

Check in the bios 'Health Check'

If all is OK, take the board back and tell them it's got a problem.

------------------
    regards

tmac
    regards

tmac

tell motherboard monitor to targe winbond2 P2 thermal diode for your CPU temperature. I hope you didn't actually stick the probe exactly between the heatsink and the CPU leading to bad contact between the two.

MitchSchaft Guest
    OH! I was told I WAS supposed to put the probe between the HSF&CPU. I didn't use the tape, though. I'll take it out and put it against something else and see how it goes. Still doesn't explain why one of the monitors reads 127c. Thanks guys. I'll be back...

Mitch

Some of this is easy...some not...

First go into BIOS and se what the temps are like there...

Ok... for the cable probe...there are already a diode in the slot one cpu's telling you their temps so the cable can be used to take reading in other places like the sink or others...

Then for MBM set Windbond 2-P2 thermal diode to get the internal temp of your cpu...
    Winbond 3 is the temp of your motherboard...
    and I can't remember what to set to get the cable diode...but that should get you started...

------------------
    I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...
    * OCN Hellspawn *
    ------------------
    I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...

MitchSchaft Guest
    Thanks, man. It didn't say anything in the manual about that. I'm about to take the probe out and put it somewhere else.

MitchSchaft Guest
    I'm back. I went and took the probe out from the HSF&CPU. And I don't have it hooked up to anything now. I went into the BIOS to check the temps and here's what I got:
    System Temperature 1: 28C
    System Temperature 2: N/A
    CPU Temp : N/A

I'm assuming System temp. 1 is the air temperature inside of the case. System temp 2 would be for the probe, and the CPU Temp is supposed to have a monitor on the slocket?
    I have a generic slocket that came with a PCChips board I had before I got this one.
    What do you guys think?

The slocket is the problem. I would pick an ABIT one that will be designed to work with your board...
    If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

MitchSchaft Guest
    Kick-***. Thanks, guys. I'm assuming the Abit SlocketIII would do the job. If not, let me know.

Mitch

That would be my choice!
    If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

MitchSchaft Guest
    Great! Thanks for all the help. I'm glad to find out my mobo isn't f****d after all!

Mitch

Thread Information