P3V4X and Motherboard Monitor
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P3V4X and Motherboard Monitor

P3V4X and Motherboard Monitor

Ok I have put a new h\f with thermal grease on my CPU and ICS chip and my senser #1 which is supposed to be the CPU has me at 92f idle and 107-9f with a load but if I check with Hardware monitor in cmos then it is displaying between 110 and 137f.Is Mbm reading wrong or what I can boot into winblows at 933 stable but let me get near 140fsb then boom it post this damn 466 and right into cmos back at fsb settings.My ram is Micron 256mb stick -75 and it will go 140fsb in cl 2 or 3,please what can I try to get pass this 140fsb barrier.Im being lazy today and I havent tried the dip switches yet so please is there something I can do in cmos.

Oh yea I have a V770U video card Ref. drivers 384,and a Quantum 13 gb 7200 ka fireball hd.Im also hooked up to cable with a LINKSYS nic card out to my wifes PC.My nic is a Realtech TE-100.

------------------
    Miles

This too shall pass!
    Miles

This too shall pass!

I don't know...

MBM works perfect with my P3V4X. Your idle temps seem fine. Which heatsink fan did you use and what voltage are you running? I run my 700 @ 1.75v. To go above 140 you may have to go the Peltier route...
    If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

Maxout right now Im running at 126x7=882/1.65v.I bought this h/f here in town called Pro Cool.Its almost identical to the Tennmax
    Miles

This too shall pass!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Miless:
    [B]

Maxout right now Im running at 126x7=882/1.65v.I bought this h/f here in town called Pro Cool.Its almost identical to the Tennmax P3 TF except the fans are 4500rpm.It also has the cutout slots for the cach L2 chips.Maxout can you get a gig yet?
    Miles

This too shall pass!

Yes, I am @ 1008mhz 144 FSB 1.75v

I would try raising your Vcore to 1.7 or 1.75v watch temps close and see if it will run any higher. 133 FSB ought to be a slam dunk 133 x 7 933mhz

The tennmax coolers are fair but do not work as well as an ALPHA.

Ive tried the increase in volt all the way up to 1.85 with no joy.I can run at 950/1.75v but if I try anything higher boom back to cmos at 466.Are you useing the dip switches?And are you useing a Alpha?And what is this changeing from the setting I choose back to 466 during post?It did the same thing with another P3V4X.Heck if I chose a setting with my BH6 it would stay put no matter what.The setting might lock up but it wouldnt change to 466 or whatever,this is real anoying.

------------------
    Miles

This too shall pass!
    Miles

This too shall pass!

I am using a 72watt Peltier and 3/16" coldplate on an ALPHA 3125s w/ 6000 RPM 38cfm deltas. Processor idle temp is -10c/14f

It will post @ 1050 but my Ram gives up

[This message has been edited by Maxout (edited 07-30-2000).]

Maxout are you useing the dip switches???
    Miles

This too shall pass!

No, I run this from Bios "jumperless".

I believe you have hit the Temp wall at 950mhz I think you will need active cooling to get much further. I don't know if the Heatsink / fan you have will be enough to handle a Peltier.

It's a little spooky at first but with all the help around here we can get you through it if you want to go there!

[This message has been edited by Maxout (edited 07-30-2000).]

Yea Ive done about everything except try the dip switches and install a air conditioner.What would be a danger zone temp to not go pass with this setup?And do you have a ICS clock generator and if so do you have it cooled?
    Miles

This too shall pass!

Yes it is an ICS I haven't put any heatsink directly on it but I should. I have a cardcooler, looks like this...

It connects to the PCI/AGP card mounting screws. I moded it and have it rigged up to blow across my GeForce and onto the mobo surface. Several inches above that the delta's on the Alpha are exhausting into a 120mm YStech blowhole fan which is exhausting the heat from the system.

I think what is happening with you is that the Chip is overheating @ post and your heatsink can't get rid of the heat quickly enough. A peltier or waterblock setup would be able to cope with the rapid temp rise in the core.

There is also the possibility that the core may not be capable of higher speeds
    but you have a lot of other things to try before we admit it's reached it's limits!

How about my V770U with its stock h\f,could it be getting too hot?Im going to pull the case off and try the dip switches,any advise before I do it?
    Miles

This too shall pass!

Don't! it will not change a thing. you will just lose speed choices. your 770 is running at spec AGP speed or close it should not be affected.

You just need to dump the heat out of the core.

My two cents

still thinking!
    Miles

This too shall pass!

Thread Information