Hey Rotor!!, need your Watercooling expert advise
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Hey Rotor!!, need your Watercooling expert advise

Hey Rotor!!, need your Watercooling expert advise

ok here is my deal:
    I have gotten my water cooling settup nearly compleat, but no matter what I do I cant keep my water temps under 30.c.. My resivor is almost 2gal, no matter how big of rad I use it still dosnt help.. I back to using my 5x5in rad cuz it had the biggest pipe in it (3/8) with a 6 row core.. my water temps top out at 34.c after hours of gaming.. Oddly enough this rad dose the best! i have a 12x12 in rad with 1/4in pipe and my water temps were 4.c higher.. Right now my cpu temp is -5.c, it will drop to -15.c at idle after about 20min.. What I need to know is, how much of a drop in water temp can I expect it I goto a 4x4x4 resivor, and use a 72w pelt an water block to chill the water?? got any experience in this are?? or do you think I'd be better off with a larger resivor and no peltier.. If chilling the water is a way to go do you know where I can get a good water block for this set up?? I have tried to build my own out of a ss7 HS and plexi-glass but leaks were a problem so I'd feel safer with something else since I plan to mount everything inside my full tower case.. hope you got some answers, cuz I'm stuck @ 900 @ 1.85v for now, because if i go above that the water temps jump to 45.c in 20min!! this is not acceptable... Thanks...

------------------
    <<<***My Stuff***>>>
    AMD Athlon 650 Thunderbird @ 900(super-cooled)
    Maximer "GoldFinger Device"
    FIC SD-11(for now)
    128mb Stick of Cruital pc-133
    300w Sparkle PS
    20 gig IBM 66 7200rpm HD
    Nvidia TnT2 M64 32mb
    HP 8100 CDRW
    Plextor 50X CDrom

~{*SPEED LIMIT 2000MHZ*}~

[This message has been edited by AMD100 (edited 07-25-2000).]
    <<>*My Stuff*<>>
    6300 Core2Duo@2065 Mhz
    ASrock 775Dual-VSTA
    2GB DDR Dual Channel
    2 WD 150 7200 Raid 0
    XFX 6600GT @ 550/1100

&lt;&lt;&lt;bump&gt;&gt;&gt;
    <<>*My Stuff*<>>
    6300 Core2Duo@2065 Mhz
    ASrock 775Dual-VSTA
    2GB DDR Dual Channel
    2 WD 150 7200 Raid 0
    XFX 6600GT @ 550/1100

do you have some pictures of your rad configuration?.....
    sounds like you are having a ventilation problem, how is your fans mounted onto your rads, remember that a radiator, in order to work well, needs to get the air forced through it, not just over it.....

if you have fans that is a bit smaller than the rad, lift them about 2" from it, then make a housing for them so that they will force the air through the maximum surface area of the rad, the secret is, surface area, when it comes to rads.
    Have it so that all the air moved by the fans are forced through the rad, that way you will have max efficiency.

the smaller diameter pipes is not a bad thing, if those rads are bigger in exposed area, they are bound to work a lot better...

------------------
    Go ahead...... lick my BLOCK
    My page is here now.(Sorry for the popup banner there)
    Go ahead...... lick my BLOCK
    This is my website

Thread Information