PC133 in BIOS
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: PC133 in BIOS

PC133 in BIOS

I just installed 128Meg PC133, and I want to make sure that the bios set it to run at 133 instead of my old 100. How can I check this?

--------------------------------------------
    Asus K7V
    Athlon 750
    30Gig Maxtor 7200
    128 PC133
    V3 2000 PCI
    SB Live Value

First of all, I am not familiar with Athlon mobos, so does that Asus K7V use a VIA KX133 chipset ? If not, in which case it is an AMD 750/1 chipset, your RAM will run at 100 Mhz regardless of whether you have PC100 or PC133 RAM.
    If you do have a VIA chipset, then look in your BIOS for a RAM+PCICLK option, where you can add 33mhz to your memoryspeed.
    We came from the stars so they say, now it's time to go back. If I was conceived today, I would not get beyond eight cells, and yet here I am. In a way they were right, I don't have the heart for this world.

The question is, why am I having so much trouble dying?

Um...since Pc133 and Pc100 are the same there is no such setting...the number just means it's supposed to work at that fsb speed...but you can look up the settings for CAS and RAS Latency and make sure they are set to 2...instead of 3...

------------------
    I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...
    * OCN Hellspawn *
    ------------------
    I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...

if your board is the kx chipset then there should be a setting thats reads something like hst clk or something like that you need to change it to +33. Just look around in the bios i am not completely sure but if you board supports it it is in the bois

Thread Information