Upgrade Suggestions Anyone?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Upgrade Suggestions Anyone?

Upgrade Suggestions Anyone?

I am planning to upgrade my system very soon and I have already got an idea as to what I will be doing. My parents are buying me a Prophet 64meg DDR Geforce2 GTS in two weeks as a present so AGP 4X is a must. I was also thinking of getting a Celery 650 and o/cing it to 900. I've already got 256 meg of PC100 memory (damn Rambus!) but my Supermicro Slot 1 BX mobo is **** (and that's putting it nicely!) and only has a max clock multiplier of 6x and FSB's of 66 or 100.
    My current system is:
    Pentium II 400 Slot 1 (SECC II)
    Supermicro P6SBA BX Mobo
    235 Watt PSU
    Creative Blaster Savage 4 32meg AGP 2X
    Creative Soundblaster Live 1024
    Hewlett Packard 8X4X32X CD-RW
    LG 48X CD
    13.3 Gig Seagate HDD UDMA/66
    2.1 Gig Fujitsu HDD UDMA/33
    17" Samsung 750s Monitor

Obviously I want to keep as much of my original components because the Celery will cost me 130 and I'm on a budget of 250! Please help!
    Clevo P150HM - Intel Core i7-2760QM Sandy Bridge - 16Gb 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM - SanDisk Extreme 240Gb SSD - Radeon 6990M @ 740/1000

Even though your motherboard can only go up to a 6X multiplier the celeron will take that over anyways. And since it goes up to 100mhz bus you could acually overclock the celeron on it. I doubt it would be to stable though. If you are planning on getting a new CPU and motherboard then you should look at the AMD Durons because they beat the piss out of the celerons and are nice and cheap. Unless you already bought the celeron. If you want a good motherboard to overclock the celeron on I would recommend the Abit BE6-II.

well, hmmm.... i was going to say get a BE6-II, a celermine and an adapter card... but looks like that might be a couple bucks out of your price range...

are you going to sell that chip and motherboard? that might give you a bit of a larger budget.... 130 quid is pretty darn expensive for a celermine ($200 US) - have you looked on forsale forums and such? they're usually quite a bit cheaper there

------------------
    .model small

.DATA
    **strBooYah db '600e@930',0dh,0ah,$

.CODE
    start:
    **mov dx, offset strBooYah
    **mov ah, 09h
    **int 21h
    exit:
    **mov ah, 4ch
    **int 21h

END
    No Rules, No Ads, No BS....

The Overclockers Network

I can sell you a celeronII 566e garanteed to run at 935mhz with ASUS P3v4x mobo( ics PLL + latest bios, has all the bus speeds) and a FKP32 HSF. For about your budget.
    Boxed with leads etc.
    If your interested mail me.
    jess@antony26.karoo.co.uk

My PC has an attitude problem, alright!...

If you go to http://www.dabs.com , they have a Celeron 600 (66*9) for 105. Couple that with an ABit BE6-2 for 100 or less from just about anywhere, 10 for a slotket. 215 for a totally cool setup. Hmm, might try that myself...

[This message has been edited by BlackSheep (edited 07-23-2000).]
    Whoa. It's never done that before...

Whilst on the subject, will the S370-S1 (no-name brand) I have for my C433a work with a FCPGA Celeron2?
    Whoa. It's never done that before...

It depend on the card.. most likely not but i have one that sounds similar that does.. What rev is the PCB.. not the 1.0 on from but on back of card?

Ultim8_Evil,

Since you're in England check out the Overclockers.co.uk site. They have an online store which sells what you want:

Check out this link also: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...undles_26.html
    They have a mobo here that might interest you!

Have Fun!!

------------------
    Just ME here!!!
    Just ME here!!!

Thread Information