900 athlon and geforce256.......
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 900 athlon and geforce256.......

900 athlon and geforce256.......

after struggling to get the 900 to work with an asus 6800 deluxe on a abit ka7 found that 900's plastic had to be trimmed a little because it wouldn't seat properly and the monster sized heatsink 3dfx cool was not helping it to stay seated we propped it up a little to get weight off of it and finally made the right sound when it was seated forcefully enough.

finally it started working better but still had problems making it work with gforce, all the drivers were tried from asus to nvidea tried it with the game kingpin worked for awhile but still had problems with it, changed ram,power supply, personally i think card is defective.

we dropped to 1x agp no help, pci ati worked fine in it seems other cards work but not gforce even tried another off brand still nothing. ran the gamut of bios tweaks nothing, ide controllers abit to via, drivers every which way of combinations nothing. glad i'm not buying it, total aggravation.
    any more ideas.!

so is there any issue with 900 and gforce? before we send it back.

There used to be problems with the two but they've been solved with newer BIOSes and product revisions.

One possible issue that remains is that the Athlon 900 + a GeForce combo draws almost 100Watts from your PSU. Are you running a 300Watt Athlon Approved PSU at least?

------------------
    -=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.
    -=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.

Proud Member of the OCN Hellspawns Genome Fleet
    TeamID: 567443298
    OCN Genome FAQ | OCN Genome Stats

power supply is approved by amd can't remember if we flashed the bios or checked what ver have to go back on it its becoming a blur couple of us looking for different fixes forgot who's doing what at this point.

thanks!

Thread Information