Anyone ever overclocked a P II 233????
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Anyone ever overclocked a P II 233????

Anyone ever overclocked a P II 233????

Anyone ever overclocked a P II 233??? If so please tell me what you were running. (speed, hardware, etc...)

thanks
    mike
    Tyan Trinity 400
    Celeron 566@1GHZ
    256 megs of Ram
    45 gig IBM hard drive
    12x8x32 Pletor Burner
    Bus Link 8x DVD
    Geforce 256 32 meg AGP
    Linksys 10/100
    Ensoniq Audio PCI
    Windows 2000 Professional

It Works~

I have tryed and tried to do the same thing with my p2 233 with no success.I tryed taking it to 100 via fsb option on a different mobo. I have tryed the 83 fsb and 100 fsb via the " cover the b21 pin " trick with squat to show for it. owell if some one can figure a way to change the multiplyer than maby we can OC but probibly not to far considering we dont have chips considered "cream of the crop "

owell that is my piece

------------------
    If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long will it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a cucumber?????
    If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long will it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a cucumber?????

I've got a retail SL2QA P][233 that does 350MHz with stock cooling, at stock voltage, and without removing the plastic cover.

I've removed the plastic cover in the hope of adding some better cooling later, I know it can do 392 with better cooling. It is only multiplier locked upwards, meaning that I can select anything between 2x and 3.5x, just not a higher multiplier.

I've mostly used it at 3x100, as it gets a little too hot for my liking at 350.

The motherboards I've used are:
    ASUS P2L97 (292MHz @ 83MHz)
    Aopen AX6BC (350 @ 100)
    ABIT BF6 (350 @ 100)
    ASUS P3V4X (333 @ 133)

I can test it with a higher fsb on my P3V4X, just haven't cared to do it yet. I usually run my P][350 @ 3x144MHz in it.
    Don't feel sorry for your cpu's guys! The P][ can be a great overclocker. Hope you have some better luck with your next chip forrest2012
    Carpe noctem!

Thread Information