Just purchased a SLOT A THUNDERBIRD 700!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Just purchased a SLOT A THUNDERBIRD 700!!

Siamese Guest

Just purchased a SLOT A THUNDERBIRD 700!!

I also got the Liberator II Goldfinger device to clock the baby!!

What do u think I will be able to hit? Maybe 1 Gig? or just 950mhz or so!? Ahh it has to be at least higher than 800 though cause if it isnt then id be dissapointed!! (Already got a P3 800 from a 550E)

I hate to break it to you, but the odds are against you hitting a GHz. I'd say you will be able to do 800-850. 900 is really pushing it. What MB do you have? That is going to be the limiting factor before the chip itself. High speed Thunderbirds have bad timing problems on all KX133 Slot A MBs. Now if you have an old Irongate, then good luck on a GHz!!! That is if you can keep it cool enough. Without a heatsink, a rated-clock speed Thunderbird can burn itself up in 8 seconds. Becareful.

Have fun.

------------------
    The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know anything at all.

Visit the "Computers" section of my humble website:Maximum Mollerup

you wont be disapointed.. I have a true 650 core and hit 900 with out a glitch, with alot of cooling... But even before the pelts and water I could go 800 all day long.. temps were high though (58.c) but this was with the stock Hs/Fan.. The big thing holding it back might be you mobo like Mosherup said, but what the hell, it will still fly @ 700.. Have Fun!!!

------------------
    <<<***My Stuff***>>>
    AMD Athlon 650 Thunderbird @ 900(super-cooled)
    FIC SD-11(for now)
    128mb Stick of Cruital pc-133
    300w Sparkle PS
    20 gig IBM 66 7200rpm HD
    Nvidia TnT2 32mb
    HP 8100 CDRW
    Plextor 50X CDrom

~{*SPEED LIMIT 2000MHZ*}~
    <<>*My Stuff*<>>
    6300 Core2Duo@2065 Mhz
    ASrock 775Dual-VSTA
    2GB DDR Dual Channel
    2 WD 150 7200 Raid 0
    XFX 6600GT @ 550/1100

i also ordered a Thunderbird 700. it will be here friday.. (hopefully!) since most of the 700's are actually 900 cores (maby yours AMD100) i'm probably going to leave it at 700 for now and OC later when i order a GFD and a Golden orb... ...but then i would have to get a clear case so everyone can see my pretty heatsink! (j/k)

------------------
    Most common use for little handle on the back of an IMac: place to tie the end of the rope thats not tied to the boat.
    Worlds Loudest Subwoofers.... Nasa technology..
    They sound Great (they also make studio equipment)

-= Digital Designs =-

Disclosure Project

The movement to end the coverup of advanced tech -see Scaler Waves

Da-man hold off on the orb spend a little extra for alot like an alpha. Orbs are god Alphas are great
    Peanut butter and jelly is good for my belly

man he's right dont get a orb i did and it ran hot standard without ocing it and i dont like it he's right get a alpha or a globalwin i have a globalwin fkk32 and i hit a gig just fine with a 750 cpu my suggestion get a alpha, vos32, or fkk32 or even an artice circle is good but orb's look nice but dont get the job done
    Ever seen scent of a woman
    Ever seen scent of a woman while overclockin
    How is it possible
    I wish there was some way
    I feel so invincible
    I'm the sculpture made of clay
    From Clayman by In Flames

It would be nice is ALL the TB 700/750s were 900 cores. Da_man, you mentioned that a lot of them are, do you know what week they were produced?

I wouldn't get a Orb Cooler for a K7, especially not a Thunderbird-they get wat to hot. Like pipeliner said "the Orbs are good", but they are't great. Go for one of the two availible K7 Alphas or the GlobalWin VOS 32. The VOS 32 beats one popular Alphas by one degree, but lags behind the best K7 cooler, the other Alpha, by a degree also. Not bad for $20 cheaper. Man that thing is big.

------------------

Visit the "Computers" section of my humble website:Maximum Mollerup

I got my tbird in today.. 700 core bummer.. popped it on a alpha and set voltage to 2.05 and presto 1000 stable as can be @91f on air.. 1050 no go at anything.. gonna pop it in the vapochill and see if i can get it higher/faster than my p3700e@1050 that's in there now...

Siamese Guest
    Good job Paragon! I have high hopes!

Thread Information