Gonna get a geforce2MX and oc, what size HSF should i use on it? And how to mount it?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Gonna get a geforce2MX and oc, what size HSF should i use on it? And how to mount it?

Gonna get a geforce2MX and oc, what size HSF should i use on it? And how to mount it?

Right, i'm gonna be getting one of those cheapo geforce2 MX's, but they come with no heatsink and fan, limiting oc'ing, so i'll be slapping a HSF on that core and cranking it up. My question is what size HSF will be right for a geforce2 sized core, i'm presuming i'll have to use thermal epoxy?

just a super 7 should do the job if u dont want to be too flashy with a super 7 fan as well
    allways happy to help

I don't think they give out that much heat being 0.18 um, you certainly wouldn't need anything bigger than a socket 7 h/s and you probably don't even need the fan.

Overclocking the core doesn't seem to affect performance at all really because of the memory bandwidth limits but if you are keen to get the chip whizzing then stick a pelt on it by all means . It only 'needs' a basic h/s though.
    If you've got your money for nothing, who cares if the chicks are free!

Thread Information