Need some advice
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Need some advice

Need some advice

Hey guys, i live in Portugal and plan to buys some stuff from the US, but of course this will mean very expensive transport costs so i want to make sure that im not making the wrong choices.

Im planning on getting a P3 700E with the cBo stepping and 2 "MemoryMan Mosel Vitalic CAS2 PC133 128MB" modules, as ive read in overclocking.com that these modules can handle 146mhz in cas2 and 160mhz in cas3.

What i want to know is if anyone has got their p3 700E fsb up to 150. I want to at least reach the 1Ghz. Or should i go with another cpu?

All the info is welcome.

Thanks in advance,
    Kado

What kind of motherboard do you have/planning to buy?
    ugh!

This might be the sort of thing you are looking at: http://www.octools.com/articles/650E/650E.html (done with a 650E tho)
    Going over the Gig requires a certain amount of luck in general it seems.

Sorry for the delay, i have a geforce ddr which i plan to keep. Regarding the motherboard im thinking of keeping my abit be6-II.

Thats a pretty good link, thanks. But the 650e will need better cooling to work at fsb 154, and peltier will mean extra weight and higher shipping costs to over here. Do you guys think that the 700e will work at 140+ with the standard hsf? Or should i really get a peltier as well?

Thanks again,

Kado

Getting any cumine to around 150 fsb with stock cooling takes some luck and I wouldn't recommend running it at those temps for long periods...but a better bet is to get an alpha suitable for you cpu (FC-PGA or slot 1) with this setup most any cBo stepping cumine will go to 150...the possible drawback are you mobo, ram and Agp... but an Geforce should handle it and that mem too should be fine...

And then if you after that wan't to go for extreme cooling wich a peltier really are...or watercooling or a combo of both...then getting a TEC in potugal shouldn't be impossible...

------------------
    I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...

[This message has been edited by Tweety (edited 07-20-2000).]
    * OCN Hellspawn *
    ------------------
    I Thougth I Saw A Putty Cat...

Thread Information