{I love the Cases,Cooling and Overclocking forum!}
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: {I love the Cases,Cooling and Overclocking forum!}

Somewhere between Purgatory and Hell called Ohio

{I love the Cases,Cooling and Overclocking forum!}

Do you remember how great HWC was about 8 months ago? It was so different then, you didn't hear anyone moaning and groaing about stuff. I didn't see any locking of threads or deleting of threads back then. The forums almost ran themselves. We hardly saw a moderator and never saw an administrator, it was a better time. I couldn't get enough of this site back then. Everyone seemed to get along so well and they didn't post offensive material because they feared the unseen administrators. Then the *****ing started. It all started with Collin's post "HWC can kiss my ***". Many changes have taken place to this site that have made it for the worse. It seems that 50% of the posts are flame wars or someone *****ing about something. You are probably asking yourself what my point is. Well my point is that the Cases, Cooling and Overclocking forum is the only part of this site that is still a fun place to visit. With all the changes that have taken place here, the C,C,+O forum has changed the least. For us that miss those "good ol' days" we stay in the C,C,+O forum because it is still laid back and for the most part moderates itself.
    If you go to another forum there is no doubt that you will see someone complaining about a moderator or a adminstrator. You see mods quiting there jobs from the stress. You see members leaving HWC and creating drama. Surrounding this peaceful forum called the Cases,Cooling and Overclocking forum is the chaos that is known as the rest of HWC. I just wanted to take this moment to pass my appreciation on to you, the faithful members of this forum. I especially want to thank Duckman and Niteowl for there exceptional job at not getting caught up in the drama and keeping this place the way we all like it.

My 2

------------------
    -Goff
    -Goff

the good old days ...

I will have a drink to that!

Well, i can only speak from my point of view... Been here only a few months and don't unfortunately remember seened the "HWC can kiss my ***" post.
    I just love this forum. i visit it more than 20+ times a day (from work and as soon as i get home) and hoping someone writes anything great, fun or useful.
    Sure, there's been som flaming from some users (you all know who you are)... But it still laid back with great and VERY helpful people.
    I just want to say THANK YOU ALL especially to the moderators...
    ugh!

do you guys remember the C!T invasion? i couldn't find any of them in the search, so i guess they've been "removed"
    No Rules, No Ads, No BS....

The Overclockers Network

Ah yes...the good old days. I registered for the HWC forum ages ago, and then forgot my login information LOL
    So I spent half a year just reading what you other guys posted until I actually dragged my *** around to finding my account information.

I don't visit any of the other forums, but I really love this place and it hasn't degraded much. The little censorship there is is fully justified - keep ut the good work Duckman & Niteowl !
    Carpe noctem!

I also agree, had it not been for this forum, I doubt that I would be writing this from my 700Athy system[my first home built]. Pretty hard to find a place where you can get this kind of support, and get it fast. My thanks too!!!

------------------
    All good things come to those who wait!!!!
    All good things come to those who wait!!!!

I guess I should count myself lucky then. C C & O/Cing is the only forum on this board that I ever read on a regular basis (if at all) and although it hasn't changed much, I would be lying if I said it hadn't changed at all in the couple months I've been here. Still, it's a great place to be and as long as it doesn't go to hell in a hand basket anyime soon I think I'll stick around.

Long Live C,C & O/Cing!

------------------
    -=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.

Proud Member of the OCN Hellspawns Genome Fleet
    TeamID: 567443298
    OCN Genome FAQ | OCN Genome Stats

Somewhere between Purgatory and Hell called Ohio
    I remeber that C!T invasion. Damn, that was weird. I think there were hundreds of them. That is cool how they go from board to board and taking over. I think a couple of them liked this place so well that they actually stuck around.

------------------
    -Goff
    -Goff

Nice one Goff- I love this place too!

Hardly ever go to the other forums cos they are either really quiet or full of tossers....ah well

Wait. C!T goes forum to forum? Thats cool... I try not to get involved in controversial issues, and I find this to be a fun place. Like the Pikachu thread... I just stopped after awhile... it is better for everyone I think.
    It said "requires Windows 95 or better," so I installed Linux.

AS YOU ALL KNOW I am new and I LOVE this forum I never go to any of the other ones I feel like its my second home i get on this place about 25 times a day (TRULY) and spend most of my time that im online here KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
    BELOW SHOWS HOW MUCH YOUR KNOWLEDGE GROWS AT OVERCLOCKERS FORUM:
    http://www.geocities.com/spediaemail/outstanding.jpg

What is/was C!T?

------------------

Proud Member of the OCN Hellspawns Genome Fleet
    TeamID: 567443298
    OCN Genome FAQ | OCN Genome Stats

I agree with the comment of Change to this forum.. Seems it has changed for the worse// not real bad, but it did change. Oh well/ what comes around/ goes around, and Yes... this is my favorite forum of all/ always was// < Hopes it always will be

------------------
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!

yeah, whats was that exactly.. I just remember comming home from work one night and there were all these C!T ppl all over the site, jamming everything up.. it was a crazy thing! were they some kind cult or some thing.. or wait weren't they from some magazine??? I think thats what it was...

------------------
    <<<***My Stuff***>>>
    AMD Athlon 650 Thunderbird @ 900(super-cooled)
    FIC SD-11(for now)
    128mb Stick of Cruital pc-133
    300w Sparkle PS
    20 gig IBM 66 7200rpm HD
    Nvidia TnT2 32mb
    HP 8100 CDRW
    Plextor 50X CDrom

~{*SPEED LIMIT 2000MHZ*}~
    <<>*My Stuff*<>>
    6300 Core2Duo@2065 Mhz
    ASrock 775Dual-VSTA
    2GB DDR Dual Channel
    2 WD 150 7200 Raid 0
    XFX 6600GT @ 550/1100

C!T was a university, I believe... ask Phrea... I'll bet he remembers
    It said "requires Windows 95 or better," so I installed Linux.

Thread Information