Dell XPSD266
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Dell XPSD266

Dell XPSD266

440 LX chicpset and PII266
    Currently running this with 128 mb 66mhz ECC ram, viper770 ultra. Plenty of cooling
    Now I can go into the maintenance program and tell the computer that it is a actually a 300 or a 333 instead of a 266. i know it only runs a 66 mhz fsb, it is just that I am new top the OC scene and dont want to fry every thing, would I be crazy to try these different speeds or go for it??
    Thanks
    Tim

Originally posted by 100baseT:
    Now I can go into the maintenance program and tell the computer...
    What maintenance program?

------------------
    -=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.
    -=S_Klass=- I tweak... therefore I am.

Proud Member of the OCN Hellspawns Genome Fleet
    TeamID: 567443298
    OCN Genome FAQ | OCN Genome Stats

Pins 2/3 jumpered
    (Maintenance mode) Booting the system in Maintenance mode starts the system setup program, adds the Maintenance option to the left end of the menu bar, and displays the Maintenance screen (normally inaccessible).
    CAUTION: Booting in Maintenance mode returns all customized settings in system setup to the default settings. Before booting, record any customized settings you want to keep.

The Maintenance screen provides the following 2 options:

Processor speed Settings are 200, 233, 266, 300, and 333 MHz and should not be changed. Booting in Maintenance mode resets this option to 233 MHz; be sure to reset to match speed of installed microprocessor before leaving Maintenance mode.
    CAUTION: Operating the system with Processor Speed set higher than the installed microprocessor speed (for example, running a 233-MHz system with Processor Speed set to 300 MHz) can damage the microprocessor.

This is from the DELL site, thanks.
    Tim

Thread Information