- P3V4X - Asus PC Probe™
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: - P3V4X - Asus PC Probe™

- P3V4X - Asus PC Probe™

I've got this FC-PGA Pentium III 700 running at 933 MHz utilizing 1.75 Volts. I know that by upping the voltage your temperature should rise. I've seen other similar processors running at about 32ºC. Mine is running at 43ºC with an Alpha PEP66T attached to it.

Now the real question is: Is the Asus PC Probe accurate? It's an FC-PGA chip on an Iwill Slocket II. How does the motherboard know what temperature my chip is at? Is there something that sends a signal?

To get 3D Mark 2000 to run at this speed I'm going to have to up the voltage another 0.05 Volts... am I walking into dangerous ground here?

------------------
    It Is Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computer
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

PC probe is junk, it will not even read temps below 1c! Use motherboard monitor 4.17, the P3V4X is supported.
    If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

I had that before but lost it somewhere deep within the pile of CD's I've burned. Where can I download that again?
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you lived here, you'd be home by now...

Thank you.

Thread Information