k6-2 500 crashes.. how can i fix?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: k6-2 500 crashes.. how can i fix?

Hybrid View

k6-2 500 crashes.. how can i fix?

ive got a k6-2 500 on a soyo sy5ssm

windows crashes for no reason.. the temp is around 50c (is this too hot?) and i have a regular heatsink and fan. i am thinking i need a better heatsink/fan.

if i am wrong about the heat, can i lower or raise the voltage to make it more stable? currently at 2.2v. i have no idea why it crashes.

another thing. its got 64meg pc66 ram in it. will this affect it? any ideas comments?

thanks
    -stewart

I have the same CPU and 50c is kinda bit high. Is this the temp when loaded?

Anyway, a good HS-fan would keep it below 38c. Try an Alpha 6035 or Globalwin FKP32. Some say the Golden Orb works fine also but i'm not quite sure.

its about 48c when idling

so you think thats the cause of it crashing? well 38c sounds much better than 50... i think im gonna buy one at 3dfxcool now thanks.. still looking for help!

My experience with K6-2 450 & 500...sometimes eventhough the CPU is 'stamped' with 2.2 V core volt., I find it necessary to raise the volt to 2.4 to get it stable. You might want to remedy your heat problem first before bumping the voltage. The AMD's I've built had no more than 41C CPU temp...Good luck.

ok cool.. im taking all this in. its my girlfriends brothers computer im trying to fix here.

ill be back there on monday...

thanks for the help

Thread Information